Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Just wanted to throw this out, just to let you know in case you do not frequent the classifieds. I am moving 2 hours away and must get rid of my chickens ASAP. I am giving away my Delawares, 1 rooster and 3 hens for free. I bought the rooster and 2 hens from Michelle at Starbright Farm and hatched the third hen from one of the pairs. They are around 1.5 years and 1 year. All are healthy, and have been laying regularly. PM me if you're interested!
Thanks,
Nathan

Can get names and numbers of breeders in my area, nice Delawares we have 3 left and funny at first but now very friendly! Our one Called Fluffy butt thinks she a pet and nosy as can be!

Hey guys, just thought I would share some new photos of my Dellie girls, Astrid and Selene. They are maturing nicely. However, I find that these two are really aggressive. They pick on my younger EE's and I actually had to separate them, into my neighbors more mature flock.
sad.png
I hope that I can try again next month and everyone can live happily ever after.

I had one rooster that right from the get go liked to pick on other chickens and even me. I would reach down to refill their water and he would come running and peck me. It was kind of funny when he was really little but by week 7 it was annoying. He's at another home now.

The others more more curious then anything. Not scared at all of me as long as I'm not banging around.

I think I've got my "keeper" roo picked out, I'm going to have to post some pictures to see what the group thinks.

K

i got a 7-week-old delaware pullet, now named Lucy, a week ago, and she seems to have the sweetest personality of all four of my chickens so far (getting two more today, hooray!) -- she has completely taken a younger/smaller australorp chick "under her wing" and totally looks after her, protects her from my much-more bossy cuckoo marans -- can't wait to see how she grows up!

Has anyone had any experience with stock from Paul Healy in Alpine, CA? He's listed in the Delaware Poultry Club list of breeders. (I just sent him an email and am waiting to hear back).

He is near me (San Diego) and I'm interested in getting some Delawares, ideally without having to ship hatching eggs cross country.

It appears that Dolce Farm in Oregon may not ship their eggs.

There is an ebay user, "edentiafarms," in Washington state who had some listed earlier, although none at present. Any experience with this seller?

Any other recommendations for the Southwest/West Coast for hatching eggs?

I'm looking for birds that have good egg size and productivity, they need not necessarily be show quality.

have you tried Rushlane poultry? i got some eggs from him and had a pretty good hatch rate,my chicks are about 3 weeks old and growing fast. His birds are Breeder quality so should turn out to be some pretty nice sized birds,his email is [email protected] and i thinks he goes by Red Rooster on this forum

Hate to see this thread stop that is why I am posting I will have some pics in a couple weeks as I am picing up a Quad of show Delawares from old stock Oh by the way I am in Canada The Quad will be older but I am also getting some chicks from the Breeder as he is selling out

have you tried Rushlane poultry? i got some eggs from him and had a pretty good hatch rate,my chicks are about 3 weeks old and growing fast. His birds are Breeder quality so should turn out to be some pretty nice sized birds,his email is [email protected] and i thinks he goes by Red Rooster on this forum

Looks like rushlanepoultry.com (BYC: rebel rooster) is selling off his Delawares (according to his website)

will be hatching some dels next month. none of these will be for sale but will be raised to adult here. after culling should end up with a couple breeder hens for next spring.

Back
Top Bottom