Show Off Your Games!

young aseel stag. Dad was American mom was pakastan

I have to say I'm not a fan of breeding games for color, but I can tell you that the brown red hen is most likely a hennie from that coloring.

I thought a Hennie was male that looks like a female. Never seen one myself but an experienced Gamefowl breeder came out to my place last week to to buy a cockerel I listed on craigslist and he told me about Hennie's. First time I had heard of them. He loved my Brown Red hens and would have bought them all if I would have sold them to him. He did buy one cockerel that was an offspring of them (I am not sure of the rooster involved). I did not have him listed for sale, but when that guy saw him he was like, "I got to have that bird", so I had to catch him (wild free range bird) for the guy. This is what that bird looked like (about 5 months old in this photo).

His mother is the brown red hen you said looked like a Hennie. I am not sure who the father is, but it might be this rooster.

So, what do you think now? Still think she is a Hennie? I have no idea how to tell. She looks like a Brown Red AG to me.

I thought a Hennie was male that looks like a female. Never seen one myself but an experienced Gamefowl breeder came out to my place last week to to buy a cockerel I listed on craigslist and he told me about Hennie's. First time I had heard of them. He loved my Brown Red hens and would have bought them all if I would have sold them to him. He did buy one cockerel that was an offspring of them (I am not sure of the rooster involved). I did not have him listed for sale, but when that guy saw him he was like, "I got to have that bird", so I had to catch him (wild free range bird) for the guy. This is what that bird looked like (about 5 months old in this photo).

His mother is the brown red hen you said looked like a Hennie. I am not sure who the father is, but it might be this rooster.

So, what do you think now? Still think she is a Hennie? I have no idea how to tell. She looks like a Brown Red AG to me.
Some hennie hens will come odd colors, like you see hennie cock's come other than just having female plumage, I mean sometimes they will have little spots throughout them and things of the such which really makes for some ugly birds sometimes. To me the hen looks identical to some Ruble Hatch X Wingate Brown Reds we had a long time ago, they never threw any hennies.

Last edited:
All I know is that coloring is what you get in a hen is a hennie brown red coloring. Whether you get hennies off her or not, you will find out over time, but typically that is what hennie hens look like.

Back
Top Bottom