Show Off Your Games!

No comb at all? Born that way or it could have gotten torn off. Maybe a pea comb or walnut. Alot of my hens have practically no comb, but very small peacomb....the stags though all have visible, even if pea.

I guess I it is called a pea comb, but my birds in the Amazon just had smaller ones I have seen here in the US. Here is a picture of one that I found that looks similar.

You've been lucky I think or small hawks
idunno.gif
This was a hawk eating my grown AG hen that was laying everyday
sad.png
That sucks. A baby chicken isn't a big deal because you havent put a whoe lot of time, care and food into it, but a gown hen is a different story. Specially if they are over a year old. I as looking at pic and i think the ones that come down at my place are falcons or small hawks. This is a picture that i took. He is standing on a 2x6 thats nailed to a 4x4. i took it down a while back. They are a bit smaller than my chickens so maybe thats why they dont attack a grown hen and only go after the smaller ones.

Last edited:
I've seen a hawk dive at my broody hen and chicks, attack thwarted by the rooster leaping into the air. I've been told by the man who gave me my chickens that he's seen the broodies flying after hawks to chase them off. The games are so protective I believe it...after some steri strips needed for my shins. As is now, you won't see a chicken if a hawk fly over...they can hear them long before they get here. My dogs have also learned hawks are in the sky, and they'd love to figure out how to get up there after them. It helps.

Hi everyone I don't have any game chickens but I have a question why do game birds get dubbed for a show? PS beautiful birds everyone

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom