Show Off Your Games!

Darn! A hawk got one of my sliver AG hens today.
hit.gif

smile.png

He is at the least split for Brown-red(gold birchen) and BBR (e+ wildtype or gold/red duckwing)50/50%
Colors that are split usually don't have common names (unless the result is almost always the same). He is split for Brown Red and B.B. Red. Brown Reds can have red in the breast in American Games (it is more of a lacing in bantams and the less the better).

notice how red the breast is on this brown red / wheaton split of mine.

I am going to be saving some of my own eggs, and building my flock of OEGBs. I only have one rooster and three hens of mixed colors, so I got on the chicken calculator to see what I might get. I was sad to see that my splash hen is only going to make white chicks. My question is... If I save two white chicks and breed them next year can I get more splash, or do I breed one back to the mother? I know this is probably silly question, but I don't know much about breeding for color. Any help would be great, and could someone tell me the color of my rooster. Thanks so much. This is my splash hen and my rooster, just in case you need pictures.

Back
Top Bottom