Show Off Your Games!

Here is a picture of our cockerel, Speed is doing great and even has himself now a bigger pen in with a few of the Delaware pullets, they are 1 month older then him, and I figured yesterday he needs company, and he is loving it. He isn't going to be white, instead he has more of a molted look to him. He does have the red on his wings, but the coloring is more of a patch work coloring.

He will probably look very similar to SDM111's Grey that was just posted above.

he won't be white or mottled he will be this except where this one is black he will be blue.

I hope he ends up looking like that fully grown. We are still bringing him in the house daily and keeping him as friendly as can be. I told hubby to give him a few more months for all of his colors to come in.

I had to laugh yesterday when we put him in the new coop with the little Delaware girls, and one of them walked right up and wanted to fight with him, he showed her he was the boss, even at about 1/2 her size. Then he ignored them the rest of the day while he took dirt baths, and dug for worms. He rules the house that way, even the new puppy backs off when he is in here. But when the puppy is ready for a nap speed curls up with him for a nap.

Ok that was strange. Just noticed we got an orb in the photo of the couch with speed on the floor. Guess I will be needing the team back out to see who is left in here for ghosts. My daughter saw it when I showed her the photo up close. Awesome, until when they start bugging us at night.

Ok that was strange. Just noticed we got an orb in the photo of the couch with speed on the floor. Guess I will be needing the team back out to see who is left in here for ghosts. My daughter saw it when I showed her the photo up close. Awesome, until when they start bugging us at night.
That is called reflection from dust near the camera lens.

What about the gallo giro any recommendations on them?
Hey Ruben,

Giro or Greys can be good breeds. They come in different varieties, like Silver duckwing, Golden Duckwing and sometimes Birchen. I am sure there are more but these are the main three. They also come with straight or pea comb and leg color varies as well. Basically they vary a lot.

In my opinion, for your first gamefowl you want to look for quality and not neccesarily a "breed". For example, you asked about giros, which could be like asking, "How about blondes?". Blondes have a repuation for being hot, but not all blondes are hot. What you need to look for is a hot blonde, or hot brunette, etc. Hope my metaphor makes sense.

I started with Greys and Hatches and mixed bred them.

Here are two half brothers, same father, different mamas.

Back
Top Bottom