Show Off Your Games!

A co-worker was into purslane a few years ago as something to make fish feed from. Very good fatty acid profile. It can not survive my free-range birds but it grows very fast.
I clipped off some of the purslane this mornign and gave a handful to each coop... none of my birds seemed very interested, but this was after I already fed them. When I get home I'll see if its still there or if they ate it.

I tried some raw this morning and its tastes pretty good, like a mild version of the nopal cactus pads with the same crunchy, slimmy texture.

yea he was the only one to hatch out of 3 fertile but I spend allot of time with him like a mama and teach him things he learns real quick too im babying him lol
I only have one modern game x AGF hybrid left after all the dog, crow and hawk attacks. And unfortunately this hybrid doesnt have the long legs and upright posture I was looking for :(

try to post picture tomorrow...

Last edited:
I've been thinking about that too. If I lived somewhere tropical I thought Moringa would be nice because of its nutritive properties. But here I'm guessing I need to try some berry. You could surround the bush in wire so that the birds get the benefit without killing the plant.
I saw a guy selling Moringa (Oleifera) trees on my local Craigslist... looks like they do well in dry hot environments. I may be buying some these... Great Nutritional value!!!

Back
Top Bottom