Show Off Your Games!

Choas yesterday... I was handling my yellow leg stag when the crow just started going crazy and dive bombing the rooster in my hands. My daughter caught a few photos of it... not very good quality. The stag rolled from my grip and gave the crow a solid womp that threw him to the ground, crow got up and continued to dive bomb the rooster. He's never done that before to this extreme.

Yeah it was me, I think someone else asked about them too though, I am definitely going to need another hen, I'm raising two chicks and going to need outside blood to breed them to.
Thanks a bunch!!
You can actually inbreed for a few generations. I've done it for a few generations now and the only thing I've had happen was this year one of my pullets is a little feisty.

I've had mocking birds do it to chicks and heard of crows eating eggs before, but never had anything dive bomb grown birds.
My crow is accustomed to me, my chickens and my dogs, but he generally cautious around adult chickens. I was surprised when he took the kick and scrambled up with no injury. I thought for sure a 5 lb rooster kick would maim the 1.5lb crow.

I have seen my crow take chicks and kill/eat them. eggs too if he can reach them.

Back
Top Bottom