Show Off Your Games!

Okay so I am a victim of TSC blindly asserting chicken breeds so I have 14 chickens that were supposed to be 4 sexlinks 5 cubalaya pullets and 5 bantams. What I actually got were 5 buff Brahmas 3 pullets 2 cockerels. 5 Game Fowls 3 pullets 2 cockerels. And 4 sexlinks. My question is I have read that game fowl roosters will fight to the death with other roosters. Is this true? They have all been together since they got home from the store and I have not seen any aggression yet and they are 13 weeks give or take a few days.
First show pictures of the gamefowl cockerels. If they are game, then yes you will need to isolate the males from other males. Details of that can be worked if you have game gamefowl. What is TSC's source for the chicks?

First show pictures of the gamefowl cockerels. If they are game, then yes you will need to isolate the males from other males. Details of that can be worked if you have game gamefowl. What is TSC's source for the chicks?
Here are pictures of the cockerels.

Attachments

• 991B2839-3D80-493A-A9C1-87BC20FAFEA9.jpeg
    991B2839-3D80-493A-A9C1-87BC20FAFEA9.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 19
  • C1414BE6-56DF-4A9F-B0D4-3B2DDA7F81B0.jpeg
    C1414BE6-56DF-4A9F-B0D4-3B2DDA7F81B0.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 19
What you have matures much faster than mine. Mine do not look like that until pushing 20 weeks. They look like games. Ideally you let them run as a group as long as you can to allow good physical development. With experience you can tell when they need to be penned. Since just starting, I assume you are a novice. Set up two pens now that are at least 4' x 4' and ideally just as tall. Pen the two separately so they can not reach each other or other roosters through the pen walls. You will fairly quickly see a change in behavior.

What you have matures much faster than mine. Mine do not look like that until pushing 20 weeks. They look like games. Ideally you let them run as a group as long as you can to allow good physical development. With experience you can tell when they need to be penned. Since just starting, I assume you are a novice. Set up two pens now that are at least 4' x 4' and ideally just as tall. Pen the two separately so they can not reach each other or other roosters through the pen walls. You will fairly quickly see a change in behavior.
Thank you for all the help. I double checked my math we got them on 4/18/20 so 14 weeks tomorrow. I will keep an eye on them.

These Roundheads have been solid red for many generations and this pops up. View attachment 2257652
[/QUOTE]
hate to quote myself but I talked to the guy that these Roundheads come from before I got them and in the last 50 years we have got a total of 3 pullets and 1 stag that came spangled between us

These Roundheads have been solid red for many generations and this pops up. View attachment 2257652
hate to quote myself but I talked to the guy that these Roundheads come from before I got them and in the last 50 years we have got a total of 3 pullets and 1 stag that came spangled between us
[/QUOTE]
Last thing I had that threw a spangled was givens hatch it was immediately culled when I saw it coming out. I was never one for spangled chickens

Last thing I had that threw a spangled was givens hatch it was immediately culled when I saw it coming out. I was never one for spangled chickens
[/QUOTE]
What is genetics that makes them hide so well?

Back
Top Bottom