Show Off Your Games!

20200809_091042.jpg

5mo. Roundhead about to molt

We be getting spanked. It got up to around 96 F with very high humidity, Now the storm with lots of wind. I ran out, pulled tops of pens and brought broody hen pens into garage, A workout. At some point the fox will be in looking for someone stranded in the ran.

Is that tornado weather there?

The heat, humidity, and rain are the daily norm here. Setting hens here will endure it fine so long as they nested under something thick like palmettos that will give them a little cover. Which I’m sure little pens would be a different proposition than free range birds.

We have a fair amount of tornados but they don’t seem to do the damage here that they do in the midwest. Maybe our trees dissipate them faster?

Is that tornado weather there?

The heat, humidity, and rain are the daily norm here. Setting hens here will endure it fine so long as they nested under something thick like palmettos that will give them a little cover. Which I’m sure little pens would be a different proposition than free range birds.

We have a fair amount of tornados but they don’t seem to do the damage here that they do in the midwest. Maybe our trees dissipate them faster?
We are in tornado alley. Highest temperature we have experienced here was 111 or 113, depending on who you ask. We know heat, we know high humidity.

F0999706-7359-4FDA-B28C-09EF38E0ACD7.jpeg

I have a mystery game. Hatched from a grab bag of game eggs that could have been various American strains including roundheads, or alternatively cobra aseel. Its got some aseel looking traits. Thoughts?

Its going on 7 weeks old. The bird immediately to the right with its head facing in the same direction is a jungle fowl of the same age hatched during the same incubation. The mystery bird is going to be huge compared to the JF. Also likely to be bigger than my sonatol aseels.

View attachment 2289162

I have a mystery game. Hatched from a grab bag of game eggs that could have been various American strains including roundheads, or alternatively cobra aseel. Its got some aseel looking traits. Thoughts?

Its going on 7 weeks old. The bird immediately to the right with its head facing in the same direction is a jungle fowl of the same age hatched during the same incubation. The mystery bird is going to be huge compared to the JF. Also likely to be bigger than my sonatol aseels.
Looks bluish. Type not correct for straight Aseel. Course looking likes like a Aseel. I think just an American Game of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom