Show Off Your Games!

i tried looking it up(googled it-purina gamebird blend) under Purina feeds and never found anything under that name at all ........... sounds good if i could find it . How much soybean and alfalfa meal does it contain ?- i call that filler (they use other names to cover soybean & alfalfa).
Thanks

Quote:

PG Blend is a mix of all the grains needed for healthy birds. Don`t have a lable on hand at the moment, but the only filler I can see in it is cracked corn. At 14% it is right in line with the protein needs of oriental fowl. At one time I bred Spanish Gamefowl using PG blend and never had fat cocks, but just like the Asils, I had a big stout breast. Purina Gamebird Blend should be available anywhere Purina feeds are sold............Pop

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Purina seems to have changed their packaging. To be honest with you, I moved my flock to GA a couple years ago and I couldn`t find Blend here either. I am using Cutting Edge Conditioner at 16% from Southern States. It`s milled by Tucker Milling, LLC in Guntersville, AL. You should be able to find that in your area. If you use either of these, your Asils will flourish. I looked at the lable for CEC and I see no soybean or alfalfa mentioned. Good luck with your birds. I`ve had all kinds of orientals and these firey little Asils are my favorites. Someday I would like to obtain some of the large Asils for comarison.........Pop

Purina now calls it Game Bird Chow. Its in a brown bag with a picture of a pheasant and some other wild fowl on the front. Below the picture it says " growth and plumage. It is very good feed. My birds are very robust and lean. And have fantastic plumage and color.

43076_gbchow.jpg

Quote:
No problem, POP!

So far, so good on finding folks to take some of my birds off my hands. One guy got all my Bullock/Law crosses, another took most of my hatch crosses. And I spoke to a fella last night that say's he's coming today to get a bunch of biddies. That's quite a relief, I don't mind culling birds that are flawed, but I really hate to have to cull healthy, quality ones!

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. Since the chick season has come , Ive been the busiest with that. Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of this years hatches along with their parents. Also, this has been a really, dry, hot year. GAWD!
hmm.png

Hello All!!!
Yes I have to agree this has been a busy hatching season for me as well. We are finally starting to get more rain in this area. I'll have some recent pics on here soon!

Back
Top Bottom