Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Lollipop! I just found you again.
bow.gif
I pm'd for advice. Please help me with my predator issue.
fl.gif

i looked again and he still looks like he's got a pea-comb ........... but again at the most a little Roundhead blood in him is the answer for p-comb .....

Quote:
Yup, that`s the one I thought you were talking about. I doubt there is any Asil blood in that bird. Most obvious are the single comb and body type. Can`t say what he is for sure as I`m not up on American gamefowl, but probably a mix of something, which may be good. Time will tell.........Pop

Quote:
Yup, that`s the one I thought you were talking about. I doubt there is any Asil blood in that bird. Most obvious are the single comb and body type. Can`t say what he is for sure as I`m not up on American gamefowl, but probably a mix of something, which may be good. Time will tell.........Pop

Nah, if ya look at the last pic in that first bunch he posted, you`ll see a straight comb, clear as day..........Pop

Quote:
Hey Pop, Took these while rushing through chores yesterday, you might suspect photography is not my calling? Also snagged one of the group. I bought these as hatching eggs from a fellow up in the Sugar Cane region of Central Fl. Saw the add on ebay, he sent 7 eggs and all seven hatched. One had a deformed leg and was culled as a chick. The others 2 males and 4 females, the one stag in the pics and one that lost an eye in an early fight in my outside brooder, I got home it was raining and they where at it. He is running with the layers for now, I figure once he turns on and puts some of my free ranging flock roos in their place he will get a pen an maybe some girls to keep him company. It is funny as a boy I remember that most if no all of Grandpa’s best cocks (the breeders) where one eyed or even blind? I took a group shot of the intact stag and the 4 hens, one of those girls is looking clearly larger and stands more erect. I am guessing she is a keeper? I have one promised to a family friend who also keeps fowl, (Spanish are his preference).

44626_img_0393.jpg
mg]

44626_img_0394.jpg
g]

44626_img_0395.jpg
g]

44626_img_0397.jpg
mg]

44626_img_0401.jpg
g]

Quote:

Nah, if ya look at the last pic in that first bunch he posted, you`ll see a straight comb, clear as day..........Pop

The Asil used in him, is not pure Asil.. I, and the person who Cicene got the chick from know it is not of the real Asil type.. But he calls them what the man he got the parents from calls it, and really the blood it has is Blueface hatch, whitehackle (small touch) and Asil... I can't remember the percentage, but is supposed to be primarily Blueface hatch crossed with Asil.. One of them, had a touch of whitehackle but I cannot remember which. The Asil used, does show some Asil features.. But resembles the type of a Hamlin Asil.

-Daniel

Yea there's a straight comb on the roost but is that the same one ? i've never seen one with much asil in them come straight comb , it would be the exception .

Cicene & DT Chickens is it straight comb or pea comb ?
I've got two hens that are 1/2 Hamlin asil 1/2 cobra asil , you would have to counter breed her to a straight comb a long long long way(times) to get a straight comb out of her (i've seen it tried)

Quote:

The Asil used in him, is not pure Asil.. I, and the person who Cicene got the chick from know it is not of the real Asil type.. But he calls them what the man he got the parents from calls it, and really the blood it has is Blueface hatch, whitehackle (small touch) and Asil... I can't remember the percentage, but is supposed to be primarily Blueface hatch crossed with Asil.. One of them, had a touch of whitehackle but I cannot remember which. The Asil used, does show some Asil features.. But resembles the type of a Hamlin Asil.

-Daniel

I dont have any pictures of my hen that I had. But I do have pictures of the 21 chicks she hatched out (at once).
She was an American Game, and she was the best mother. She was fearless. She was broody on just one egg, and she was attacked by a relative's dog and she had her chest ripped open trying to save that one little egg. We doctored her and she survived. Her egg did hatch and the chick was precious, but died after a couple of days.
I just wanted to share my little story of my game hen. They are amazing mothers!!
We sold her along with an American Game rooster who was a stinker.
lol.png
You had to watch your back, but he would fight off anything that would threaten his hens.
Anyways, here are some old pictures of the game babies...
Well 4 of the 21
smile.png

017.jpg

Very sorry that the pic is huge!!

Back
Top Bottom