Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
From your pics, you can clearly see how the saddle feathers are rounded at the tips, this shows it is a pullet. Stags at that age will show sharp tipped feathers on the saddle and hackle, pullets will be rounded 100% of the time, unless you have hennies.
wink.png

Quote:
From your pics, you can clearly see how the saddle feathers are rounded at the tips, this shows it is a pullet. Stags at that age will show sharp tipped feathers on the saddle and hackle, pullets will be rounded 100% of the time, unless you have hennies.
wink.png

KC n KY,

CUDA may very well be correct. You may still be in need of a stag.

Quote:
Games aren't separated traditionally, but must be kept separate. I can take any two stags on my yard, toss them on yours and give them a couple months to see just how friendly they get along even raised together (the outcome will most likely be one dead stag, and probably one very nearing death that may be completely ruined for breeding or even looking at depending on how long it takes before you find them.) True gamefowl are just that way, you can kill the gameness by breeding but it can take quite a long time sometimes without crossing and even then you may have a throwback that will cause trouble.

Some breeds you can look into for free ranging I'd say would be Kraienkoppe, Key West birds, and junglefowl from hatcheries. Key West bird's and Kraienkoppe both have game blood, but are not game like their ancestors. Hatchery junglefowl are just nutts, but they look like games and can coexist very well on the free range. Really a game X junglefowl cross would meet your needs well, even back to 1/16th game the cocks got along fine. I didn't like them because of how crazy they were though.

-Daniel

Very good information Daniel. I like games very much, raising them how they must is not a problem. I justed wanted to make sure it was necessary. There is nothing more beautiful than acres of blue barrels with tied out stags.

Quote:
wink.png

KC n KY,

CUDA may very well be correct. You may still be in need of a stag.

Oh well, I have four more spangles that are 5 weeks old, so one will probably be a stag
smile.png

BTW: What would you price 2 month old White Claret X Oak Grove and Gray X Red Kelso stags and pullets?

funny that here and the serama thread, are only places were roos are constantly loved, and sometimes silkie thread.. lol though noticed my game hens throw out seemingly alot more hens than cocks, well ne or two anyway, but just odd, as always thought the decks were stacked with cockerels always in a clutch.

Back
Top Bottom