Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Was hoping to get some input on these, are these games? If so any idea what kind, sorry for the poor quality pics. Posted this a few days ago and never got any response
sad.png

OK, another stupid question. Has anyone here purchased Orientals from IDEAL Poultry? Please upload pics and share your experience (especially on body-type and weight)!

Big B- your birds are kraienkoppe pullets.

Gresh- I have got Ideal's orientals before. I wrote a long long detailed description with a picture in the oriental gamefowl thread.

Thank you i thought they where some kind of game fowl . just the way they look and act . i enjot them they are some of the coolist birds we have they always try to steal stuff out of your hand and just take off with it . thanks for the response and your time .
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Quote:
Yes most of them are excellent layers and brooders

Remember, most of the Mediter. Class are nothing more than dunghill Games that were then selected for egglaying.

Quote:
Typically, you just don't go to a hatchery for Orientals. My good friend Glenn Drowns does his best at suppling some Orientals but excepting Cubalayas you are talking about a very difficult thing to do.

Hatcheries are about the bottom line. Orientals typically lay very few eggs and then go broody. Thus, there is NO WAY a hatchery can supply quality Oriental Games and make a profit. It's just that simple.

Quote:
I say Rose combed Brown Leghorn pullets=white earlobe and yellow feet
https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=RCBLP&Product=268

Kraiencroppe ? maybe but prolly not as they are from the feed store which usually means hatchery birds, most of the big time hatcheries that supply feed stores with chicks wouldn't just send kraienkoppes out randomly as EE's or packing peanuts esp. pullets, too rare, and not even availible at Ideal now and from the looks of it haven't been for some time.
smile.png

Jeff

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom