Show off your house ducks!

How do ducks even make it to adulthood? I've had a heck of a time trying to make sure my three girls don't do themselves harm or eat something that could hurt them! :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of them being their usual messy selves. I have got to figure out how to get a handle on the giant mush puddle they make of their food. Can I rewind and have my tiny fluff butts back? :fl
DGgFtOrVYAE-AnG.jpg

I would move their food and water further apart! I did this and it significantly decreased the mushiness. Now they run back and forth to the food and water instead of sloshing the water into their food and vice versa. No more than maybe three feet apart, since they have to have water to eat, but enough for them to get a mouthfull and then go get a drink.

I have three house ducks! 8 month old white mallards. I had them diapered but their diapers fell apart
barnie.gif

so now I have a penned off area for them that I vacuum daily and carpet clean weekly.
We spend the majority of our time at the beach or park though. So just when I'm at work or class they have to stay inside.

Here's the crew! Finn, my drake in the back. Jake in the middle,
and TreeTrunks in the front with the freckles on her beak.

Us, napping in the sun.

Jake AKA r2DUCK2

TreeTrunks, before her spots.

Finn, at the beach.

In the car on a rainy day

Road Trip!!!

I know this is pretty old but I was just looking through the thread- I have two ducks, Princess Bubblegum and Marceline. I thought you would appreciate it :)

I've always wanted a little bird like that. I wish I had enough room to have an aviary or a large cage! Or feel comfortable letting them out.
Yes. You have the right idea. I have a big cage but do let him and his wife out to fly when I'm home. They love it. But they poop so I'm super vigilant about cleaning it up. Eventually they go back into their cage on their own.

Back
Top Bottom