Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

This little guy is puzzling me. I've held all along that he's a sport, as he was an extremely light colored chick at hatching. Only thing is he doesn't have any splash. Maybe a tiny bit of darker color in one or two spots, but he's almost completely a self blue/lavender colored bird.

If he's a sport, he's going to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen. If not, what the heck is he? May not find out until I breed him.

Any ideas?

He's from my blue brassy line.

Last edited:

This little guy is puzzling me. I've held all along that he's a sport, as he was an extremely light colored chick at hatching. Only thing is he doesn't have any splash. Maybe a tiny bit of darker color in one or two spots, but he's almost completely a self blue/lavender colored bird.

If he's a sport, he's going to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen. If not, what the heck is he? May not find out until I breed him.

Any ideas?

He's from my blue brassy line.

That is unusual...his overall appearance makes me think splash because of the hackles. Is that brass leakage on the secondaries? Has he molted ? He's going to be pretty!

So I am new to BYC and have stumbled upon this thread and I hope this is the place to ask.i have some OEGB I have considered doing some crosses but don't know enough about genetics to know what I would end up getting color wise...I have red pyles--spangles---and BB reds

Any ideas?

So I am new to BYC and have stumbled upon this thread and I hope this is the place to ask.i have some OEGB I have considered doing some crosses but don't know enough about genetics to know what I would end up getting color wise...I have red pyles--spangles---and BB reds

Any ideas?

I would go with spangled into Red Pyle. That's the only cross that would give you something you don't already have.

Depending on quality, you could improve your pyles and spangled with your BBR.

By crossing the two what would that give me? Really I'm pretty clueless how the genetics work now by breeding the bb red to the red pyle would that make the sales darker red?

Back
Top Bottom