Show off your small or cheap made coop

900x900px-LL-06aa6666_IMG_2840.jpeg

Here is my old dog house that I remodeled into our chicken coop. I built the run out of spare pieces of wood, so its jigsawed together. I am still int the process of fixing it all the way up, but am not patient and already have residents living in it :) I am replacing the door to be solid and painting and making shutters for the vents :)
Its been fun, and im proud to say I did it completely on my own, without my husbands help! :)

My tractor was a combination of thrift and splurge. The roof was made of free vinyl siding I got off of craigslist, and I paid about $35 for the fencing and decorations. The dog house I already owned and I already had the hardware cloth in my garage. I also bought some of the lumber, the lawnmower wheels, and the screening. Overall I think I spent $100 for this project, but obviously someone else could spend more/less depending on their situation. I used a lot of free/reclaimed items for the meat and bones of the tractor and then spent some money to make it look cute. I would have to say though that making it look good was a priority for me since I live in a subdivision and I didn't want any neighbors to complain of an eyesore. But for someone that doesn't need something aesthetically pleasing, you can make this without decoration pretty cheap with reclaimed materials.
That is too cute!!!!! I love that! :love Great job! :thumbsup

900x900px-LL-06aa6666_IMG_2840.jpeg
Here is my old dog house that I remodeled into our chicken coop. I built the run out of spare pieces of wood, so its jigsawed together. I am still int the process of fixing it all the way up, but am not patient and already have residents living in it :) I am replacing the door to be solid and painting and making shutters for the vents :) Its been fun, and im proud to say I did it completely on my own, without my husbands help! :)
Impressive!! And very resourceful! I'll be scouring Craigslist for doghouses now. :)

I only have 2 birds, so I decided to make a small chicken tractors style coop, I have about $50 in materials and a few free pallets.

this is not small but cheap, we got a free camper and took the insides out, it has elec in it they love it, the one end get the doors up when we have peeps, then taken it down for the whole thing to use.it cost us $30.00 just for the fence.

We made ours w/ mostly found and recycled stuff. Wood siding and doors from a condemned house, cement blocks from that same house, and old pallets. We bought the hardware cloth, screws, and roofing totaling about $100. I still need to paint it, bought oops paint for that.

I'll see if I can find the pics.

Here is the pallet floor

the south side all openings on this side remain open year round. This is now where the covered brooder run is now.

both east and west ends have these shudders, made from doors, they are open except in winter, this pic just shows the one, but there are two on each end now, the very top is open all the time

The north side no vents, except the cracks between the siding boards.

east side, now has an automatic pop door about where the board is in this pic, same two shudders on this side not pictured

Back
Top Bottom