"Show Quality" Naked Neck / Turken Body Type?

Orpington have white legs.

Quick search on BYC pages brought me to a member that was selling Turken eggs. They aren't active here but their farm name mentioned in that add is still active on Facebook.

Here's the old BYC egg sale advertisment-
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hicken-hatching-eggs-mixed-colors-lf.1001674/

Here is their Facebook page-
drop them a private message asking if they still keep Turken, if not a contact to person that has good stock
https://www.facebook.com/MotherCluckersFarmLLC/

Last edited:
Orpington do not work for this project, and I don't think they would work for improving Turkens to APA standards, either?

The tails are wrong, Orps have a "cushion tail".

The color is also wrong, they are solid Buff and the color that I'm looking for is "Buff Columbian" which is Buff with a black tail.

Last, Orpingtons have the white / pink legs, and both the APA Turken standard and the Aloha Standard call for yellow legs.

I only was able to just find the one NN that I can use for this. She has the yellow leg's and the black in the tail. Her feather coloring isn't a lighter buff though, but it's not a red-red neither. She still just has to mature to the laying egg stage yet.

I only was able to just find the one NN that I can use for this. She has the yellow leg's and the black in the tail. Her feather coloring isn't a lighter buff though, but it's not a red-red neither. She still just has to mature to the laying egg stage yet.

One is better than none! It's a start. :) Keep an eye out at local TSC stores this Spring - they had NN's last year and many were Buff.

One is better than none! It's a start. :) Keep an eye out at local TSC stores this Spring - they had NN's last year and many were Buff.

Those 10 Aloha chick's are really growing. I'm going to keep all of the pullet's, and 1 of the cockerel's. The Cockerel will be able to breed to that NN pullet. The Aloha pullet's can be bred to Manoa. That way I can have both type's started going.

Well, I didn't die any egg's for Easter, but I ended up very happy. I found someone that had some of the NN Aloha's, so I bought a trio of them. I just got them settled in a while ago. It's a cockerel and 2 pullet's, but it will be a couple month's before they will be good to go for breeding. I was going to create my own NN Aloha's, and these will save me some time. I'll have to take some pictures of them in the daylight. I can work some more with these plus the regular Aloha's that I got from @alohachickens

Back
Top Bottom