show quality speckled sussex ??

Pics
Quote:
They should have Crescent shaped black marks - - Right ? ?

The black marks I am talking about are the ones showing up where they do not belong. The first two pullets had much more than the second two. Will get into some of my records and see if I can find something about these that might help explain where they are coming from.

Lisa, would anyone like to get into discussing different aspects of the Body frame and type, we could also go over the different coloring going on with the SS. We would need some helping with questions and answers.

Quote:
The only cockerels I have are brothers to pullet 3 and 4.
Those cockerels are showing a lot of white on the chest.... so from the other breeder I am keeping an eye out for the pullets lacking white.

The breeder that I am waiting for eggs from in the fall likes to use an overly dark roo.... so there is a possibility I will hatch some dark cockerels to use later with any overly white pullets that have good size like pullet # 4 is showing.....

The welsummer striping thing bothers me .... Do I use these girls just so I have a place to cull and then hope that I produce one or two pullets next year that are without the striping?
I wonder how many I will have to hatch in order to get one or two without it . .. .
th.gif

Quote:
Oh MY, YES, Sign me up for speckled sussex class.
I have to tell you that I am a type A personality and a big OVER ACHIEVER....

Anyone else want to go to class with me ? ?

Quote:
Yes, I'd like to know more about body type, like depth of body, how wide apart the legs should be, length of neck, shape of head. The last pullet shown there is something about her from the side that does not look right, is it depth of body, her length of neck?

Quote:
Welcome aboard neftaball.... We will have to go back and look at the pulllet tomorrow ( sorry, just to tired to do it tonight - - I see you are on California time - - 3 hours behind me )

Anybody else want to learn about body type and color of the speckled sussex ? ?

Last edited:
I would also like to join in I was afraid of interupting the disscusion so I have been lurking and trying to understand the exact position of these oblong black feathers? Along the crease of the neck? where it joins the body,wing fold?

Back
Top Bottom