Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
ooooooooh....oh well whatever, i think she is absolutely stunning anyhow
big_smile.png

Quote:
frow.gif
Rilly....well, my lav silkie project is going well, but for the life of me I just can't seem to get a lav showgirl
idunno.gif
. If you have extras, send 'em my way!
droolin.gif

The bators are full & constantly running, so I'm ever hopeful! I'm always so busy between work & chickens, but I really need to set up my camera to upload some pics here....I'm not gadget-good, so I keep putting it off!
gig.gif

I'm thinning out the herd & need to rehome a few silkie roos. I just have too many!! Anyone close by (Louisiana) need silkie roos, let me know....free to BYCers. I have 3 blacks & 2 blues so far....gorgeous 5-8 month olds with awesome foot feathering! I hate to ship, but I will if needed as soon as it's not so darn cold. Just PM me. I'll try to get that camera going & put some pics up as soon as I can...weather is awful here.

Here's a question for you:

I have several (6 or 7) very nice Showgirl cockrals. Mostly Lavs. The only problem is, they all have very red necks. I think legs are dark. Forget to look, I'm so stuck on the red necks. The pullets I hatched with these guys have nice dark necks.

Is this just a roo thing?

Are they any good for breeding? Crossed with a very dark skinned Silkie of course. I guess I shoud try it and see, but was just wondering if any one else has noticed this?

Quote:
My lavender showgirl roo's neck is a tad bit ligher than I would like, not red but not BLACK. The rest of him (comb, legs, toes, etc) are the correct color. What I did was pair him with black split silkies with very dark skin and so far all but one of his offspring have had the very dark skin of their moms. It is deffinately something that can be improved with selective breeding!

Edited to add- Pics of them would be great too so that we can better judge the color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom