Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

These were shipped eggs, it was marked sg splash? Two others were hatched one SG Red, and one Sizzle red? Both of those have spiky feathers but not curled , look more like a silkie ? I'm just confused , I ordered sizzles and got showgirls?

These were shipped eggs, it was marked  sg splash? Two others were hatched one SG Red, and one Sizzle red? Both of those have spiky feathers but not curled , look more like a silkie ? I'm just confused , I ordered sizzles and got showgirls?

Sure appears that way. That one you showed a picture of doesn't look frizzled at all.

Very cute! She's a smooth sizzle showgirl,I have two and they have really grown on me :)
There's a good chance that she carries a copy of the silkie gene, in which case you should get about half silkie feathered chicks and half smooth feathered chicks if you breed her back to a silkie. You'd also have about half and half showgirl sizzles and fully feathered sizzles.

Here are my paint showgirls. I fell in love with the color and breed as soon as I saw them. Last summer I bought several six week old chicks, this winter I tried a project with them but didn't really hatch the chicks I wanted. So this summer I plan on breeding with a purpose. I'm super excited to start but first I think I need to thin down my current chick population lol

Here is my best rooster. He had a leg injury early in the winter but after months of tlc and rest he's super spunky
2853ba88c606a610399f8be1c3d83e0d.jpeg

My best hen. I think the next eggs I hatch will be from her by my best rooster. Both are colored beautifully and anatomically correct.
ecac1372a6c0be51fd377add63e677ff.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my paint showgirls. I fell in love with the color and breed as soon as I saw them. Last summer I bought several six week old chicks, this winter I tried a project with them but didn't really hatch the chicks I wanted. So this summer I plan on breeding with a purpose. I'm super excited to start but first I think I need to thin down my current chick population lol

Here is my best rooster. He had a leg injury early in the winter but after months of tlc and rest he's super spunky
2853ba88c606a610399f8be1c3d83e0d.jpeg

My best hen. I think the next eggs I hatch will be from her by my best rooster. Both are colored beautifully and anatomically correct.
ecac1372a6c0be51fd377add63e677ff.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, gorgeous! I bet they will make beautiful babies.

Back
Top Bottom