Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Quote:
I will get pics soon we had a death in the family and I got the flu at the hsp. So it has not been the best of mths for me.
I do have 3 eggs (2 are small) developing on day 6 in the bator from Edward though. Thought you might like to hear that. So he is figuring it out slowly. I set several more today. Gaga is doing great. She has green sheen along with some purple. Crest is huge! Wings are great. Only thing is the stiff feathers in her tail. She still does not like being messed with. I work with her 3 or 4 times a week with little to no progress. I would like to do some cage training with them and a few of the silkies.
Hope you are well!

AUGH! this hatch was horrible! not one chick! NOT ONE!

im so discouraged.

on the other hand, ive decided i do not like hatching shipped eggs and am never ever doing it again. I did ask earlier if anyone ships chicks, but the only responses ive gotten are for white and b/b/s chicks.

does anyone know where i could find buff and partridge chicks?

the only person I know of with partridge are frenchtoast on here *I think* and fowlrus (Angie in TX). Don't really know anyone with buffs...although you may try Cheryl Butler? I don't have her contact info though. Bren had buff but sold out last year. IDK who got them or even if any were showgirls??

Good luck!

If anyone wants chicks on the East coast I just put up an ad! I have one white, one mixed color oops baby, one porcelain, black split to lavs, and pure lavs! I have a few regular silkie too in BBS and Lav

ETA- Have not decided on shipping yet so as of now all are pick up only!

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss, tisha. I hope everything resolves and you feel better.

Has Gaga or Bella started laying? You should try Edward under Gaga once she is laying to get some homozygous showgirls. This will aid you in breeding to silkies.

Can't wait to see pictures once you are feeling better and your life becomes quieter.

I currently have partridge, black, and blue showgirls. I also have some lav split showgirls I hatched from a black showgirl pullet under a lav silkie cock. Sheryl Butler has buff showgirls in a pen with her silkies, so she gets both but mostly silkies. They are from buffx buff breedings, some of the other breeders listed I believe keep mixed color pens.

I have some partridge but my girls are on strike due to the cold weather.
sad.png

Quote:
thats a BYC MEMBER? weird and awesome!

I actually saw that auction this morning and freaked because it was actually someone who had both partridge AND buff (even porcelain!). So I messaged her because i really dont ever want to do shipped eggs ever again, too much heartache. Anywho she nicely and quickly replied and guess what?

shes got ONE buff and ONE partridge chick available right now!
ya.gif
Im trying to get back to her about ordering those two chicks plus some porcelain, lav, and splash. IM SO EXCITED I COULD JUST JUMP OUT OF MY SKIN!

soon i will be in the showgirl club too! ;D

thanks everyone for all of your help. sorry i had no cute hatch pics
hmm.png

I've known Angie for years, and she is truly a dear person. She and her husband have developed a wonderful shipping box for eggs, which greatly improves chances of their making it through all the handling intact.

Back
Top Bottom