Sick chicken. Vet no help. Need help with care and diagnosis!

This is the vitamin/electrolyte mix we use.

You do not give both at the same time. The antibiotic will bind with the vitamins in the chickens system, and be flushed out. You give one or the other. Ife chicken is presenting really really ill I treat with antibiotics first, then offer the electrolyte/vitamin solution once done medicating. If she isn't drinking on her own from the waterer, you'll have to syringe feed her.

You do not give both at the same time. The antibiotic will bind with the vitamins in the chickens system, and be flushed out. You give one or the other. Ife chicken is presenting really really ill I treat with antibiotics first, then offer the electrolyte/vitamin solution once done medicating. If she isn't drinking on her own from the waterer, you'll have to syringe feed her.

Ok, thank you. She is drinking on her own....just not very much or very often. She is mostly just sleeping/half awake

Ok, thank you. She is drinking on her own....just not very much or very often. She is mostly just sleeping/half awake

It would be best if you could have a vet look at her, but if you can't, and she isn't drinking enough, you will need to tube fluids to her.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom