Sick turkey funny neck posture

Fancy1234

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2022
Hi I am hoping anyone can help me with my 2 year old white midget turkey Tom “spooks”
He was sick a couple months ago and very sick almost died , was in coma for 2 days couldn’t stand or open eyes , I built him a hammock and syringe fed him for 2 weeks and antibiotics-and everything and anything I thought would help - he pulled through after 4 weeks of treatment with tylosin and lincomycin, he’s been great for about 7 weeks full recovery except his neck , the base of it is very rigid and lumpy - could be his vertebrae but he hold his head slightly downward now and lately he lays down forehead on the ground - any ideas what this could be ? I’m so scared he’s going to have a secondary infection - best guess from online vet was he had sepsis from old bumblefoot ,
While he was sick he was doing the scariest thing with his head and neck where he couldn’t lift it up but if you scratched his chest or belly he’d raise it up - anyone else who saw this thought he looked possessed lol
Also he is eating drinking and even mating just fine also is the boss of the other make turkey
He also is very dirty , he’s not cleaning himself well anymore and looks ragged
Any guesses I’d be very thankful !

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpeg
    IMG_1442.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom