Sick, weak duck, what is wrong, what treatment?

Any word on the patient?
caf.gif

Vet cant see us until tuesday yuck.....Sometimes when I watch I think it is his leg. He is separated and in the garage He will try to jump and stand up occasionally, which he was not doing before (just began this last night). He occasionally walks alittle otherwise he is still using those legs to paddle along like a fish out of water. He is eating and drinking. Has me stumped.

Vet cant see us until tuesday yuck.....Sometimes when I watch I think it is his leg. He is separated and in the garage He will try to jump and stand up occasionally, which he was not doing before (just began this last night). He occasionally walks alittle otherwise he is still using those legs to paddle along like a fish out of water. He is eating and drinking. Has me stumped.
Maybe with some extra rest and your TLC you'll see much improvement as the days go on. It's hard to figure things out sometimes especially when we don't see anything tangible to go on. But I do think keeping him in a quiet shelter till you see him up on his feet/legs is a good idea. and if he has a buddy that can come visit or stay with him it may also help him feel better.

Hi my duck was very weak and sick. I started with niacin plain 100 MGM per gallon of water. Then gave her 3 gets of polyvisol. She could hardly walk. You should see her now. The only thing her feathers hang a little lower. She gets grower finisher crumble and extra treats and free ranges. Also pure apple cider vinegar in their water I use brats as it is the purest form. I am so sorry for the loss of your duck. There is so much to learn we are in our second year of having ducks.

Hi my duck was very weak and sick. I started with niacin plain 100 MGM per gallon of water. Then gave her 3 gets of polyvisol. She could hardly walk. You should see her now. The only thing her feathers hang a little lower. She gets grower finisher crumble and extra treats and free ranges. Also pure apple cider vinegar in their water I use brats as it is the purest form. I am so sorry for the loss of your duck. There is so much to learn we are in our second year of having ducks.
Thank you for such a good report, very encouraging to hear that you had such great results and now have a healthy duck.

I wish i had read your email yesterday, as my poor little girl had the same probables as your girl and unfortunately i woke up this morning to her having passed. I did some of the things you did but of course i didnt know to give her yoghurt and honey. I will know better next time but i feel so happy for you as your little girl is recovering and i wish to thank everyone who put suggestions on the site and know if this happens again i now have the knowledge for a better outcome. They are such a joy to have in my life and i cant imagine life without my poultry family x
hugs.gif

I wish i had read your email yesterday, as my poor little girl had the same probables as your girl and unfortunately i woke up this morning to her having passed. I did some of the things you did but of course i didnt know to give her yoghurt and honey. I will know better next time but i feel so happy for you as your little girl is recovering and i wish to thank everyone who put suggestions on the site and know if this happens again i now have the knowledge for a better outcome. They are such a joy to have in my life and i cant imagine life without my poultry family x
hugs.gif
So very sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
and Welcome

I have about 14 week old khaki cambell ducks and this morning they all seemed fine. Till around 5 I went up and the one duck just seems to keep it's neck tucked in and can't bend it down to eat. I got her to drink tonight and checked out her neck but no marks? What should I do? will she survive?

Back
Top Bottom