Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Peep your chicks are going to look So different! I'm sure you'll be really happy to get back out there with them
smile.png
ChisNchickens thank you for posting these. I do learn so much from studying pictures and having points illustrated.

This picture the first thing I notice is the nice tight wing set, where as earlier this year (<--- which is only as long as I've had Silkies, BTW, I am NOT an expert by any stretch) I wouldn't have even looked at wings.
Is she a Grey? I'm really beginning to like this color but it's "new" to me and I don't fully get it yet.

Forgot, sorry. Around six months. Also, I was only thinking about body conformation as opposed to color which brings in another element, of which I am pretty ignorant. I love my whites. She is a gray, that much I do know but as far as correct coloring and pencilling, I'm not much help. She ended up being a fairly typey bird, although I would like to see a bigger crest to balance her better.

How old? Hard for me to evaluate without knowing. It looks like silver partridge, which I love the color, but my understanding is that penciling is desirable in gray. Right? Why couldn't there just be a color called silver partridge?
Yes, she has really nice type. I would like to see her wing a little tighter just to be picky. :) I love the fluff on her back and don't even know what to call that.
tongue.png
Of course you mentioned her need for more crest.

Yes, she has really nice type. I would like to see her wing a little tighter just to be picky. :) I love the fluff on her back and don't even know what to call that.
tongue.png
Of course you mentioned her need for more crest.

I believe you mean the proximal end of the cushion correct? Yes, tighter wings for sure.

Back
Top Bottom