Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
I was given these Silkie x D'uccle cross Roos this weekend. I wasn't crazy about getting more roos, but they have rubbed off on me and the DH loves their coloring.

They are stunning!
droolin.gif

Wow! These guys could be brothers to my roo Fugly, who is a Silkie-X of uncertain parentage. His hatcher (but not breeder) guessed him to be Silkie X Easter Egger...but I'm wondering if he's from a cross like this instead.

They do look alike. The two of mine with beards have feathered feet. The one with out doesn't. I need to count their toes. They have dark skin.

After seeing all these Silkie crosses, it makes me want to try it sometime! I have two non-bearded white Silkies who go broody quite easily, so I could just let them hatch the eggs. I would like to cross them with my Mille Fleur d'Uccle cockerel; I think the offspring would look very neat.

I have my Silkies (partridge & dark buff, white Sizzle and black frizzle silkie in with my porcelain D'uccle. I've been thinking about hatching a round when they all start to lay especially the white sizzle.

I wanted to introduce my new d'uccle/silkie mixes. Chickens are fairly new to me in the last few months, and these are being added to my older pullets
The white one is named Snow and the black is Sunny.

(the sun is shining on her from the open door, but she does have a few gold feathers)

I did have a question about this one, I see her holding her leg up in the air every once in a while. Is that a silkie thing or somehting I need to look at more carefully?

Thanks! Hopefully the older pullets we have will accept them soon!

I wanted to introduce my new d'uccle/silkie mixes. Chickens are fairly new to me in the last few months, and these are being added to my older pullets
The white one is named Snow and the black is Sunny.

(the sun is shining on her from the open door, but she does have a few gold feathers)

I did have a question about this one, I see her holding her leg up in the air every once in a while. Is that a silkie thing or somehting I need to look at more carefully?

Thanks! Hopefully the older pullets we have will accept them soon!

I have never seen my Silkies hold their feet up, but my d"Uccle stand around like flamingos a lot. One did have a broken feather that I had to pull out to get it to stop bleeding.I have noticed that the d'Uccle foot feathers are much harder than the Silkie and Cochin so maybe it is a problem for them.

I have never seen my Silkies hold their feet up, but my d"Uccle stand around like flamingos a lot. One did have a broken feather that I had to pull out to get it to stop bleeding.I have noticed that the d'Uccle foot feathers are much harder than the Silkie and Cochin so maybe it is a problem for them.
Thats funny, I was thinking today that her feathers on her feet felt so stiff! It's good to know that the standing thing might be ok! I did see them both do it! They are prettty sweet but the white one is getting picked on more, they stayed in the coop all day today.

Back
Top Bottom