Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
Silkie/ OEGB babies!! Mom is black Silkie and Dad is BB Red Old English Game Bantam. No idea where the silver accents are coming from, but they are so stinking cute! This is the first time I've used this cross, and if they continue to be this cute I will definitely repeat the breeding!

Carolina Hen, your baby is the exact same color that my silkie x EE's!! It will turn our mostly black. More color might come in when it gets all the adult feathers!

Carolina Hen, your baby is the exact same color that my silkie x EE's!! It will turn our mostly black. More color might come in when it gets all the adult feathers!
I've crossed Silkie/ EE as well. I bred a splash hen back to our gold laced appenzeller, and the pullet we kept is white with black splashes, and red leakage. She has a white beard and muffs. ADORABLE!!

I have several chickens that are the result of a cross between a white Silkie rooster and a barred bantam non-Silkie hen (not sure what breed). These are F1s and subsequent crosses--a couple of them have passed away, the oldest are 6 years old.

All of them have had 5 toes so far, some have crests or are fluffier than usual but no Silkie feathers. Some black-skinned, some pink-skinned, and some with blue earlobes. The hens are all very broody!

I wonder if you cross silkie with huge breeds like orpington, RIR, and JG; would result to a standard sized hens and roosters - and so standard sized eggs?

Does any body have a jersey silkie cross. please if any one does post a pic
he.gif

Silkie crosses are always so cute ! ♡♡ I don't have a cross but I do have silkies. But I think all silkie crosses are ADORABLE!! I love seeing the pictures of them! Sooo cute! ♡♡♡♡♡

I have several chickens that are the result of a cross between a white Silkie rooster and a barred bantam non-Silkie hen (not sure what breed). These are F1s and subsequent crosses--a couple of them have passed away, the oldest are 6 years old. All of them have had 5 toes so far, some have crests or are fluffier than usual but no Silkie feathers. Some black-skinned, some pink-skinned, and some with blue earlobes. The hens are all very broody!
Oh she is very pretty!♡♡ I love the blue ears on her black feathering! She's adorable!

Back
Top Bottom