Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics

Here's my attempt! Silkie roo / EE hen, parents below. :)

I cannot WAIT to see how s/he turns out.
Anyone know when gender is likely to be known on these mutts?

The white pullet.
71441_chickie_033.jpg

The sisters' mom and dad.

That is the MOST GORGEOUS white pullet ever. Maybe I'm a severe sucker because I WISH I had gotten another white chick this go.
Mine is probably going to look like your black one. Gotta love the black silkie roos.

Last edited:

My reserve champion silkie x easter eggers. Your will most likely look like mine. I have 3 black and 1 blue. They lay 6 eggs a week on average each. Some of them have gold and silver leakage on the hackles.

almost my birds are silkie crosses. BOY do I love them!

baby hen

baby roo

milkshake

milkshake (again)

malt

indie

all of these guys are silkie X Japanese bantam in some percentage. they are all related.
milkshake malt and indie are brother/sisters, and the two babies are milkshake's kids :)

I haven't been on here in forever... but i have a silkie hen i'm kinda letting brood on some of my EE eggs and the rooster is a splash silkie. the one EE i'm hoping whose eggs will hatch is a sorta blue wheaten color (creamy white with some tan and light blue on the head and shoulders), and the other one is a darker blue with lots of browns and golds mixed into it. i was wondering if this is successful, then what might be any possible outcomes? sorry, it's pretty specific but i'm just kinda wondering...

Back
Top Bottom