Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
This is my 3/4 Silkie 1/4 Old English Game Bantam hen that has just started laying small pearl white eggs. She has a pink comb but black skin, an extra toe and fluffly feet. She has a smaller crest than a full silkie hen. Shes about 8 months old and is the same size as her mum who is 1/2 Silkie 1/2 OEGame Bantam, very little smaller than a silkie.

This is her Mum.

This is her Dad.

This is my 3/4 Silkie 1/4 Old English Game Bantam hen that has just started laying small pearl white eggs. She has a pink comb but black skin, an extra toe and fluffly feet. She has a smaller crest than a full silkie hen. Shes about 8 months old and is the same size as her mum who is 1/2 Silkie 1/2 OEGame Bantam, very little smaller than a silkie.

This is her Mum.

This is her Dad.

beautiful family!

This is my silkie cross from a blue splash silkie roo and a black frizzle cochin hen. In this pic she's about 5 months old. Why does she have black spots? And will they go away when she molts. I like them but can't figure out why she has them.

This is my silkie cross from a blue splash silkie roo and a black frizzle cochin hen. In this pic she's about 5 months old. Why does she have black spots? And will they go away when she molts. I like them but can't figure out why she has them.
beautiful bird!

I am not an expert but I did see splash birds with black spots.

Crap...hit the wrong button. What I have found before is:

Black x Black = 100% Black
Splash x Splash = 100% Splash
Blue x Blue = 25% Black 50% Blue 25% Splash
Blue x Black = 50% Blue 50% Black
Blue x Splash = 50% Blue 50% Splash
Black x Splash = 100% Blue

Again this is a black cochin hen to a blue splash silkie roo (correct?). The produced 2 hens which I assumed would both be blue. One is black and one is the blue with black spots (who may be a splash?). How did this happen? Are the parents "split" to something?

Mom & Dad

Babies

Why does the blue (splash?) have spots??

Crap...hit the wrong button. What I have found before is:

Black x Black = 100% Black
Splash x Splash = 100% Splash
Blue x Blue = 25% Black 50% Blue 25% Splash
Blue x Black = 50% Blue 50% Black
Blue x Splash = 50% Blue 50% Splash
Black x Splash = 100% Blue

Again this is a black cochin hen to a blue splash silkie roo (correct?). The produced 2 hens which I assumed would both be blue. One is black and one is the blue with black spots (who may be a splash?). How did this happen? Are the parents "split" to something?

Mom & Dad

Babies

Why does the blue (splash?) have spots??

leakage?

Back
Top Bottom