Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
here are some of my silkie mixes.
1st generation mix mom was a partridge rock dad white silkie

2xd generation( I thaught she was a smooth silzzle but bc her mom or dad wasn't frizzle she is just a mix) but her mom a silkie mix dad a blue silkie

Hi All,
Here is a pic of the silkie crossed with a guinea hen, (I think, judging by the coloration). The one in the front is the one we think is a cross. Notice, no hat, and you can slightly see the speckles in her wings.

Since then we had 3 more hatch out, but these are all silkie.

Here's one of the chicks, OK Pose for the camera now.

What a ham !!!
Axe
I know this is a fairly old post, but wanted to add my two cents. The chick does indeed have the head of a guinea. I've never seen a chicken chick with that head. Post pics as it grows please. Would love to see it.

Personally I see no guinea in that chick, just a non vaulted silkie chick. If there was guinea in it the chick would not have the silkie feathers (the chick needs a copy of silkie feather gene from both parents to get silkie feathers)

I hatched out 2 Gold Silkie/Black Araucana (she's double-tufted but tailed) mixes. Adorable! They both are double-tufted and this one also has the Silkie beard lol
(Also, I think that's all Silkie and not a Guinea mix, too. It just doesn't have a vaulted skull)

Last edited:
The face shape and markings are all guinea. Two sets of chromosomes are needed to make a chick. Traits may come from either. Skull shape or other. Also, I would imagine that with a guinea mix and feathering all bets are off. It's not a natural mix. The offspring of this are generally sterile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom