Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
This is mum.

And that's dad at the back
Interesting thing is that the smooth feathered hen in front is the product of the same cross.

I just love that cross :D I've got white Silkie boy and girls (chicks yet). I think it'd be worth getting a SP Wyandotte *pair and trying both male-female crosses.

Yup one of my silkie hens loved my sumatra rooster and I couldn't keep her in her pen. It came off all black with a little crest, 5 toes slightly feathered shanks and the blue earlobe. He was small for his age compared to the other silkies and sumatra chicks of the same age. Can't tell you how he turned out since a young girl came by looking for a rooster that she could make into a lap bird. That young girl was tickled pink to have him  to say the lest.
oh my... I gotta do that cross XD

O I had two of those but sold them:/ it was a golden laced sebright mix blue silkie, both turned out girls. They were solid black with silver down the middle of some of the feathers on there shoulders and bottom neck:) hope that helps!!
yes it does! We have one white hen, one black (blue? Wish I can post pic to figure out...) roo and a show girl, planning to get more :p hopefully some lavs :drool .

Last edited:
I've decided to keep going with the " Wilkie ". So I'll put my 2 x Colombian Wyandotte roos in with my Wilkie and her mother( silver pencilled )

I will of course, take lots of pics. Any day now now I will be inundated with glw x Silkie ( Wilkie ) chicks. My naughty LF glw who is besotted with the white Silkie roo is hiding a clutch of eggs somewhere in the hawthorn hedge. :he

I've decided to keep going with the " Wilkie ". So I'll put my 2 x Colombian Wyandotte roos in with my Wilkie and her mother( silver pencilled )

I will of course, take lots of pics. Any day now now I will be inundated with glw x Silkie ( Wilkie ) chicks. My naughty LF glw who is besotted with the white Silkie roo is hiding a clutch of eggs somewhere in the hawthorn hedge. :he
yeowch!!! Well at least she knows how to keep them safe :oops:

Back
Top Bottom