Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
Neither. I wanted a couple chicks to keep out of this Silkie boy. It *is a Silkie cross thread;)

Last edited:
Quote:
I can understand that. Mine that I posted a few post ago are for my project and they have araucana in them, hence why the dark blue is tail-less. It's a harder trait to get rid of than I thought.

Has anyone ever cross a silkie with a sumatra or a Phoenix? I've been toying with the idea... (then toss in some serama blood for the body built XD)

Hmmm.....I do have a Gold Phoenix girl in with my Gold Sikie boy (along with the Araucana girls & Spangled Cornish lol). I figured the chicks would be all Gold....I wonder if male chicks would have the long tail?

Hmmm.....I do have a Gold Phoenix girl in with my Gold Sikie boy (along with the Araucana girls & Spangled Cornish lol). I figured the chicks would be all Gold....I wonder if male chicks would have the long tail?
that is what I really want to know... I love the long tails, as mufh of a pain they can be, but I also love the silkie creasts Nand feather legs... also the beards XD

Mom wants to cross a sebright with a silkie... gonna do that cause I am also curious to see what happens :p

that is what I really want to know... I love the long tails, as mufh of a pain they can be, but I also love the silkie creasts Nand feather legs... also the beards XD

Mom wants to cross a sebright with a silkie... gonna do that cause I am also curious to see what happens :p

O I had two of those but sold them:/ it was a golden laced sebright mix blue silkie, both turned out girls. They were solid black with silver down the middle of some of the feathers on there shoulders and bottom neck:) hope that helps!!

Has anyone ever cross a silkie with a sumatra or a Phoenix? I've been toying with the idea... (then toss in some serama blood for the body built XD)
Yup one of my silkie hens loved my sumatra rooster and I couldn't keep her in her pen. It came off all black with a little crest, 5 toes slightly feathered shanks and the blue earlobe. He was small for his age compared to the other silkies and sumatra chicks of the same age. Can't tell you how he turned out since a young girl came by looking for a rooster that she could make into a lap bird. That young girl was tickled pink to have him to say the lest.

I love silkie crosses. This little lady is Silkie x silver penciled Wyandotte . I call her a " wilkie "

I love silkie crosses. This little lady is Silkie x silver penciled Wyandotte . I call her a " wilkie "

Is it a 1st generation cross? How'd you get the Silkie feathering?? Beautiful-wow. What color was the Silkie? (Was the Silkie the male?). Shoot, this makes me want to get a SP Wyandotte and cross it.

Back
Top Bottom