Jun 26, 2017
Hello, my name is Kristen and I have 5 bearded silkies that I am trying to sex. I know they are very hard to sex for awhile as youngsters, but want some insight. As I am new to owning chickens, I need advice and your expertise. I have a split order with someone else so these chickens will be separated from each other and I have first pick! I will take into consideration your opinions on which are females or males when choosing as we have to give half away to the other owners this weekend :hitHope to gain some knowledge and also meet some awesome people in this welcoming community.

Below are pictures of each individual silkie, and then some of them together. they are about 2 months in age.

Flirt:
IMG_9225 2.JPG
IMG_9226 2.JPG
IMG_9227 2.JPG
IMG_9228 2.JPG
IMG_9230.JPG

Blu:
IMG_9233.JPG
IMG_9235.JPG
IMG_9236.JPG
IMG_9238 2.JPG
IMG_9231.JPG

Raven (the biggest, regardless of being the runt to begin with) :
IMG_9239 2.JPG
IMG_9241 2.JPG
IMG_9242.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG
IMG_9255.JPG

Boo (the smallest) :
IMG_9256.JPG
IMG_9258.JPG
IMG_9260.JPG
IMG_9269.JPG

Buffy:
IMG_9271.JPG
IMG_9273.JPG
IMG_9274.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG
IMG_9276.JPG

All 5 Together:
IMG_9290.JPG
IMG_9301.JPG
IMG_9302.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9270.JPG
    IMG_9270.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 2
Too ypung but ill guess
Hen
Roo
Hen
Hen
Hen

These are educated guesses.
no guarantee they are even close to correct

My guesses but I'm not an expert. They are all super cute!

Flirt- pullet
Blu- pullet
Raven-cockerel
Boo- not sure
Buffy- not sure

Raven is definitely a male. Pretty sure all the rest are female. one of the things to look for is area above beak. If small and smooth probably female. Watch for those pretty streamers on neck though, as also indicator of male. Looking closer at Blu.....may be male....would want to see it again in a couple weeks....no streamers like Raven, but beak is iffy......

I have 7 silkys im trying to figer out wich rosters to keep i have 2 different skin colors back and blue i only have one black and all girls are blue what color would the babys be if i bread a blue and back silky?

I have 7 silkys im trying to figer out wich rosters to keep i have 2 different skin colors back and blue i only have one black and all girls are blue what color would the babys be if i bread a blue and back silky?
50% black
50% blue

With a chance of partridge :)

Im chicken sitting for a friend and she can't keep roos. She is hoping her silkie is a hen because if it's a Roo we will only be sending back her giant Cochin. Just want to have a guaranteed answer. Not sure on age. I think over 4 months. I could be Wrong.

Back
Top Bottom