Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

littlecritters

Songster
7 Years
May 2, 2012
New York
Fellow silkie lovers! I'm starting this thread for all of us who are incubating and hatching chicks this month and into the New Year. Please join us and share your pictures, comments, questions and knowledge. There will be folks on here who are new to hatching, those who have hatched only a few times and folks who are hatching gurus. Please be supportive, helpful and patient. Good luck and hope to see many pics of Holiday Chicks!
Best wishes,
Tina

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

I had one of my girls hatch 3 out Thanksgiving Day and she remained on the nest - then hatched 3 more on December 2nd. I have two more broodies to go.

My hatch has begun. Put 18 eggs in lockdown yesterday. Hatch date is Saturday/Sunday but I came home from work tonight to find a new baby silkie in the incubator. A real early bird! Phew! Looks like I put them in lockdown just in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First baby out is blue, vaulted skull, perfect toe separation, heavily feathered feet, and a nice big poof on its head already! I've got one other egg pipped.

KV Silkies... yes, glad to have a hatching partner too!
thumbsup.gif

I see your animal collection listed. I too have lots of critters. I am thinking about naming my animal area The Critter Corner...
I have one pot belly pig (4 months old) named PETA, two pigmy goats, two fantail pigeons, 7 chickens with more on the way, an outside cat, two dogs, an angora rabbit named Shaggy and an African Grey Parrot named Echo. Oh, my youngest son has a hedge hog named Amy. Amy is actually in my lap as I type. Hmmm, MY lap!
idunno.gif

I think that's it!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Im in :) I have eggs due to hatch on the 14th (3) , 17th (3) , 24th (10) and 25th (2) Black and blue silkies and just possibly a showgirl but not sure if it is fertile yet.

Fellow silkie lovers! I'm starting this thread for all of us who are incubating and hatching chicks this month and into the New Year. Please join us and share your pictures, comments, questions and knowledge. There will be folks on here who are new to hatching, those who have hatched only a few times and folks who are hatching gurus. Please be supportive, helpful and patient. Good luck and hope to see many pics of Holiday Chicks!
Best wishes,
Tina

Okay! Fun!!

I have a Broody hen with 9 eggs under her and one that is starting to sit I think I will give her 6 eggs to hatch. I am sure the other 3 will go broody soon as well:/

Does it have to be silkies? I have 2 incubators running but I dont think my silkies are alive, but have a bunch more.

Back
Top Bottom