silkie sexing

Pics
Here are the pictures:
Suspect number 1: Luna

Suspect number 2: Fluffy

Suspect number 3: Ducky

Suspect number 4: Eglantine

I was excited to post pictures of my two little chicks here, in just a few weeks to get an idea of whether they are male or female but... as I watch the three inch tall cock fight style posturing that is occurring in their box every few minutes.... I'm afraid my mystery may be solved much earlier.

Do chicks of both or either sex posture (running at one another, spreading wings and stretching upward) at one week of age or is the obvious probably the case? The eggs came from the same place and they hatched in the same incubator (hatched within eight hours of one another).

BOTH girls and boys will spar :) Sorry their gender is still a mystery. But at least you still have a chance of having girls.
I was excited to post pictures of my two little chicks here, in just a few weeks to get an idea of whether they are male or female but... as I watch the three inch tall cock fight style posturing that is occurring in their box every few minutes.... I'm afraid my mystery may be solved much earlier.

Do chicks of both or either sex posture (running at one another, spreading wings and stretching upward) at one week of age or is the obvious probably the case? The eggs came from the same place and they hatched in the same incubator (hatched within eight hours of one another).

Last edited:

please help im hoping girl but im not sure some days i think girl others i think boy

Back
Top Bottom