Silkie thread!

Quote:
OMGosh!!! That is amazing!!! Congrats and sooooo exciting!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Prayers for lots of silkies hatching in a couple more days!
smile.png
I cant WAIT till I get started on incubating! (going to open my incubator up at x-mas!) Anyway, I hope you post pics of your new babies!
big_smile.png

Due to my health and then my husband having open heart surgery, we had to give up our chickens. I hated to do that but neither of us would have been able to tend to them in this winter cold. He is not yet able to get out in the yard to do anything. Still have my run and coops and everything but just can't have anything right now to have to take care of. I so hope we can maybe this next year!

Thanks workinnanie. Keep them crossed tight. I always had a soft spot for the silkies. But there were some more I had that I loved just as much. I had the perfect sets in each pen and I may not be able to get to get that perfect set back again. I love those white silkies in racuda's post. Beautiful just beautiful!

Last edited:
Quote:

Martha Jenkins, Winchester, KY. I'm really pleased with my very first Silkies, lots of promise here! Out of 17 eggs that made it to lockdown (out of 20), 14 hatched. Shipped eggs.
big_smile.png

Congrats!!! I had one young one like you and her name is Charlie because she had me fooled she was a boy because she developed her comb and wattles so much earlier than the other girls. Immediately after laying she went broody!

Back
Top Bottom