Silkie thread!

I had a added a new family member today......isn't he handsome???
love.gif
Yes, he certainly is !!
clap.gif

Thanks so much on the bad boy Silkie response. He more than likely will be for sale in the Spring, if he doesn't lift those wings. I don't want to sell anyone a grouchy chicken, tho.
smack.gif

Can you guys help me find a good bag of Diatomaceous Earth for my silkies, food grade?? I find so many different kinds of bags online I don't know what's what. lol Does it really matter? Is it all the same?

Can you guys help me find a good bag of Diatomaceous Earth for my silkies, food grade?? I find so many different kinds of bags online I don't know what's what. lol Does it really matter? Is it all the same?

I find it all the same, actually -- useless. Don't mean to sound harsh, but I bought into the DE thing back in the day. However, I have never had any benefit from DE and having now read what little scientific research on it I can find I have concluded that much of what we hear about DE is just hype. Don't waste your money.

Thanks so much on the bad boy Silkie response. He more than likely will be for sale in the Spring, if he doesn't lift those wings. I don't want to sell anyone a grouchy chicken, tho.
smack.gif
I heard a lot of roosters drop their wings once they hit "chicken puberty" lol it's for the ladies. Are you sure it's really bad wings and not just showing off?

Quote: Most likely it depends on the part of the store it is in. Never use DE made for use in swimming pool filtration; it is completely ineffective in bug control, and is a huge breathing hazard.

That sold in a gardening section may or may not be food grade; sometimes chemical insecticides are added to make it more effective. That can be fine for plants, but not for animals. Food grade DE will say so right on the package. If it doesn't, don;t trust that it is.

Back
Top Bottom