Silkie thread!

So, one of the Silkie chicks has a head twitch. I have read that this seems typical with Silkies. It could be a vitamin issue too? Gonna get some Polyvysol(sp) tomorrow. Can others weigh in and reassure me here?

So, one of the Silkie chicks has a head twitch. I have read that this seems typical with Silkies. It could be a vitamin issue too? Gonna get some Polyvysol(sp) tomorrow. Can others weigh in and reassure me here?
is it a twitch or are they just shaking their heads? They do that if they have larger crests especially because the feathers tickle.

Think of it as a kid with long hair always shaking his head to move the hair
wink.png

like this!

Last edited:

I have a hen like this. I believe she sustained some sort of head injury as a chick, as she is the only one affected. If she sneezes or makes any other sudden head movement, or gets really upset, she bobs her head to one side uncontrollably for about 5 seconds. Other than her little spells, she's perfectly fine.
Her nickname is Spaz ;)

Last edited:

Four eggs pipped over the course of three hours. It's going to be a long night. Hatcher is maintaining 72% humidity and 100 degrees. I heard chirping when I sang to them. Yes. I sing to my hatching eggs.
cool.png

Ok, thanks so much! We have no worries now because we killed the coon! Turned out to be a whopping 25-30 pounds! He was the only coon on the property thanks god!

Another coon will come along its just a matter of time, predator proof those coops and runs. Lock them up safe at night.

Very sorry to hear about the little paint. :( I think the polyvisol without iron is a good idea.

Don't you love it when someone you have only known through a facebook group, you have never met, you haven't even had long conversations with, see's that you haven't been on in a while and sends you a message because they are worried about you and then when I didn't respond right away took the time to call me? We have never even talked on the phone before...truly an act of kindness to me and I feel so blessed by the fact she reached out to me. Love you Pam!!!

Back
Top Bottom