Silkie thread!

I should be getting my eggs Monday or Tuesday. They are a mix of black, white, and lavendar. They are my first attempt after a lifelong dream of owning chickens. I am completely in love with the silkie breed and hope, hope, hope I get a few to hatch. I am so nervous, anxious and excited.

I have just recently brought a quartet of silkies, 2 white hens, a black hen and a ginger cockerel. My question is what colour will the offspring be from each of these hen crossed with the ginger cockerel?

I was recently a local feed store "victim" which I had shared... but here are the pics... my favorite is the timid and fluffy one in the first picture !!! I am still learning, will someone tell me what colors they will be?? I think I know BUT I def could be wrong! And also, for funnsies... any guesses on hen or roo. I will keep them all regardless, but LOVE the guessing game.

#1 we call "her" Ellie

#2 "Millie"

#3 "Cherry" named by my 3 year old son :)

I hatched 2 that I THOUGHT were silkies, but appear to be silkies mixed with..... something a little more high strung! Ha. I will post their pics later for some opinions bc I am at a loss. I know what is in her flock but don't know where these eggs came from! Lol. I love them anyways!

No huge rush..I will wait on those eggs no matter what..My bator only hold 40 eggs so you have plenty of time to get to 500..lol.. Its funny bc all of thoses light colored chicks in my pics were picked out in the hopes of getting a white one and I didnt get a single white one in the whole bunch..wave your wannd over the eggs as you collect and make sure I get lots of girls in blues and splashes..you can even through in a few whites for fun..
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I am new to all of this and have 8 babies. Two are silkies, one black and one white. The white one is so tiny but seems to be eating fine and did have pasty butt twice way in the beginning
but not anymore. Anything special I can put in to entice her to eat a bit more?
Thanks!!
i had 6 babies 3 had pasty butt i put 1tsp of molasses in there water for 3-4 days and never had pasty butt and they all are eating great and still are and growing like weeds they are 5-6 weeks old now

My extremely hard to photograph, feathered footed, four toed babies... it took ten tries to get the halfway decent pics. Hubby says I can't have a new camra this year... spent too much on chickens :lol:

In the flock that the eggs came from there are adult:
Serema, d'uccle, cochin, frizzle, and sebright. I am new to chicks, and have no clue!!!

#1.. alot of wing feathers, louder than any other and fast as lightning!!!, hatched from white egg

#2 Timid, doesn't like to be away from the crowd, hatched from a white egg-this is the little on I spent hours helping hatch. Looks more silkie than #1, but not fluffy

Thanks in advance for looking :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom