Silkie thread!

You can tape them like the pic above or take a hair tie and tie a string in the middle of it. Slip its legs through the holes and tie a little extra string closer to the legs to tighten if needed. This is what I did with my chick and it worked very well, but the tape method I heard also works too.

You can tape them like the pic above or take a hair tie and tie a string in the middle of it. Slip its legs through the holes and tie a little extra string closer to the legs to tighten if needed. This is what I did with my chick and it worked very well, but the tape method I heard also works too.
She as standing up this morning with the bandaid method. I'm so excited!

Tammylr I'm so happy to hear it is working. I wish I knew about this method, the last batch of chicks we incubated we had one fat chick with what I know now is spraddle leg. He probably got it because of how fat he was, he was so cute and chubby :( We didn't know what to do so we ended up losing him, but next time something like that happens I know what to try :)

So, I recerly moved my two birds outside, from inside. Still working out the coop, and testing. Hard wth the rain, but I think V and Zazzels like it. (Zazzels is the silkie.)

Last edited:
So, I recerly moved my two birds outside, from inside. Still working out the coop, and testing. Hard wth the rain, but I think V and Zazzels like it. (Zazzels is the silkie.)
OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!

is that grey box that dome cat litter box?! saw one of those at a yardsale last summer and picked it up for $3! I was going to use it for my broody hatches this summer. I love how inside it has that little wall going into the box area on the side, and the ramp coming down! I cant wait to use it!!!

Last edited:
OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!

is that grey box that dome cat litter box?! saw one of those at a yardsale last summer and picked it up for $3! I was going to use it for my broody hatches this summer. I love how inside it has that little wall going into the box area on the side, and the ramp coming down! I cant wait to use it!!!

Yep! It's really a green cat littler dome. Haha. I was goin to throw it out, then stopped, and decided it would be better for the chickens. :D Haha. Yes! And they love it. The middle pic is of them inside, and I just used hamster bedding, which cost $2 from WalMart. Haha. I do things kinda cheap, I know. The cage/carrier is what try lived in when in the house, so slowly intruding them to their new home.
That is a great deal! And yeah, just make sure the hole on top has a cover for the rain not to get in. ;) Just still
Open to vent. :)

Yep! It's really a green cat littler dome. Haha. I was goin to throw it out, then stopped, and decided it would be better for the chickens.
big_smile.png
Haha. Yes! And they love it. The middle pic is of them inside, and I just used hamster bedding, which cost $2 from WalMart. Haha. I do things kinda cheap, I know. The cage/carrier is what try lived in when in the house, so slowly intruding them to their new home.
That is a great deal! And yeah, just make sure the hole on top has a cover for the rain not to get in.
wink.png
Just still
Open to vent.
smile.png
ohhhh! mine is grey! I loved it just because of the vent it had! once I bought it I instantly started coming up with ideas on how to keep the vent from getting water in it. I think im going to create some sort of wood cover for it. I just love it and love the idea!

I get the huge $5 bag of pine shavings from my local TSC

Back
Top Bottom