Silkie thread!

HELP
please anyone can you tell me girl or boy and will it have fluffy head I love so much.

Last edited:
Thank you! Sell them, or eat them...
They must look cute on a plate with unusual black meat. Not to be funny but does the meat have any difference in taste from other chicken meat? We just can't think of eating our Silkies because we've had them for so long as pets -- but then we don't have an abundance of birds to dispatch the way breeders have to.

Ok I might be finally getting some silkies my cousins friend has some he is selling for 3 dollars a peice but heck I was telling my cousin I would pay 10-15 dollars I was like only that much

Ok I might be finally getting some silkies my cousins friend has some he is selling for 3 dollars a peice but heck I was telling my cousin I would pay 10-15 dollars I was like only that much

The pet quality Silkies go for much less than breeder or show quality because they are culls. They do make fine pets, though. I am always glad to find people willing to give mine a chance to live (longer life if they turn out to be pullets). I have had birds I considered killing but ended up finding people who could take them instead so it works out best for everyone.

What colors can you get with a partridge roo and a white hen???
White over any color is unpredictable . I had some whiteXpartridge chicks in the past, and they were either a reddish partridge or dark partridge looking (sorry, I'm not very well acquainted with all the color terms yet :rolleyes: ).

Last edited:

These are all the ones i think are girls.
No waddle growth at all.
The first two in my previous post have waddles.
The white one stands tall and acts roosterish
10 weeks old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom