Silkie thread!

n.n yay, I was really hoping she was.

she will deffinatly give u nice paint chicks
big_smile.png
im
droolin.gif

lol I really hope so. I remember when I first saw a photo of some paints and my jaw dropped. When I bought some started chicks from Bobbi last year she pretty much asked me what my favorite colors was and I told her and then she surprised me with an awesome little batch of 6. Which also included a lavender hen. I dont think I've ever been so pleasantly surprised in my life.

O.k. So I am still confused on the gender of my silkie I have posted a couple pictures of before, I was leaning more towards Roo, But I think it has confused itself. It squats like my other hens that don't have a man yet?
It has tried to crow once has given up and is now Squatting like my other pullets when you touch them or put your hand out to pet their back!
Any body else have a gender confused silkie or could it just be a masculine looking hen, I put it back in with my D'Uccle Cockerel of the same age and their are no problems. It's comb just did finally start to develop.
Still Waiting for a constant crow or a laying of an egg. Another 2.5 months and i should be able to tell.
Man Waiting is torture. :) I don't care which gender as I love Blackie no matter what, I am just hoping that out of the unsexed blue silkies i have coming I can breed it to Blackie eventually after they grow up a little of course! :)

I sadly posted my favorite birds for sale on Craigslist and within an hr someone called me about them. She's picking them up tomarrow. My question is should I give my white rooster a bath tonight? He would stay inside overnight and get blow dried but I'm worried he won't be dry enough t go outside tomarrow but he's really dirty

I sadly posted my favorite birds for sale on Craigslist and within an hr someone called me about them. She's picking them up tomarrow. My question is should I give my white rooster a bath tonight? He would stay inside overnight and get blow dried but I'm worried he won't be dry enough t go outside tomarrow but he's really dirty

he should be. just let him air dry with a towel in a warm area (by a heat vent or near (not directly under or by) a heat light or space heater for extra warmth) and then blow dry him some as he loses the excess water from the feathers. don't completely blow dry him, just some to speed up the process. he should do well and be plenty dry by tomorrow.

It's hard to let them go.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom