Silkied Ameraucana Project

Silkied at 5 days.

Silkied at 5 days.

Last 2 are regular smooth feathers, chicks are split to silkied at 5 days.

I picked up my new boys/girls this weekend to add to the flock; they are lovely, lovely blacks. Now it's the waiting game for the spring as I am pretty sure these pullets are too young to lay this year. Two of the boys are brothers to the pullets, so the pullets should give a good idea of what egg color genetics they have. One is unrelated to the others, so he's going to be a wild card until the results of test breeding are in. I'm excited by the prospect of making a black or a blue/black pen with the pullets if they lay a nice blue. Waiting is going to be hard I think :)

That's about all the updates I have; how is everyone else doing?

I picked up my new boys/girls this weekend to add to the flock; they are lovely, lovely blacks. Now it's the waiting game for the spring as I am pretty sure these pullets are too young to lay this year. Two of the boys are brothers to the pullets, so the pullets should give a good idea of what egg color genetics they have. One is unrelated to the others, so he's going to be a wild card until the results of test breeding are in. I'm excited by the prospect of making a black or a blue/black pen with the pullets if they lay a nice blue. Waiting is going to be hard I think
smile.png

That's about all the updates I have; how is everyone else doing?

congrats!

i had some chicks hatch out over the weekend.. gotta get pics (if I can snag my husband's phone) and check wing feathers

No eggs from my quad. I think I'm going to hang some white christmas lights in their coop. It is really dark in there and I think that is why I'm not getting any eggs. They are about 29 weeks. So really close.

Back
Top Bottom