Silkied Ameraucana Project

Ok, it took me a week of reading to get through "What's Wrong w/Their Feathers", my eyes HURT but so very intrigued. I now find I must read a lot more to see where your "Silkied Ameraucana Project" is. Fell in LOVE with them when I first saw Jubaby's mutated birds. Felt the frustration & saddness w/ every egg's demise & early/unexplained death. Celebrated with Kathy's success & sadness when she had to give up years of the project. Then the "new blood" took over; CatKai, EdenCamp, striker, wolftrackes, LBKS, ChooksChick, etc.... now I need to catch up on some reading.

Wish there were some here in Hawaii....

Right!!!! ChickNanny13 I did the same thing an you wrote that just perfect.. Those birds are GORG an it was such a great Novel to het into once the kids were in bed hehe I messaged some of them asking if they still sell or will this spring no response yet. Hoping one day I can get some of those beautiful birds :)

Right!!!! ChickNanny13 I did the same thing an you wrote that just perfect.. Those birds are GORG an it was such a great Novel to het into once the kids were in bed hehe I messaged some of them asking if they still sell or will this spring no response yet. Hoping one day I can get some of those beautiful birds
smile.png

Just got to the end of this thread....I don't have the time to help with this project but sure would love a Silkied Ameraucana (pullet) or two for my yard. They all are beautiful....the Chocolate, Lavender & Splash are my favorite colors. I used to raise hatches for a breeder of Seramas, OEGB, Wyndottes, Orpingtons and Ameraucanas until they were 8wks, hence "ChickNanny" but she cut back her program. Have had as many as 50 chicks peeping at one time, it was so much fun work! Now I have pets with benefits....2RIR (Rojo & Ehu) & 2EE (Tawny & Dusk). They are my stress relief...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread...... mommakurk , you stand a better chance of getting some eggs/chicks/bird than I do. Good luck.

Just got to the end of this thread....I don't have the time to help with this project but sure would love a Silkied Ameraucana (pullet) or two for my yard. They all are beautiful....the Chocolate, Lavender & Splash are my favorite colors. I used to raise hatches for a breeder of Seramas, OEGB, Wyndottes, Orpingtons and Ameraucanas until they were 8wks, hence "ChickNanny" but she cut back her program. Have had as many as 50 chicks peeping at one time, it was so much fun work! Now I have pets with benefits....2RIR (Rojo & Ehu) & 2EE (Tawny & Dusk). They are my stress relief...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread...... mommakurk , you stand a better chance of getting some eggs/chicks/bird than I do. Good luck.

PS...Love your avatar
1f60d.png

I have collected 6 eggs to set for a test hatch from my flock of all silkied ameraucanas. If they develop, I will be able to start offering eggs early spring. I have a pen of 10 pullets and 2 Roos. Should produce blue, black, and splash.

I have collected 6 eggs to set for a test hatch from my flock of all silkied ameraucanas. If they develop, I will be able to start offering eggs early spring. I have a pen of 10 pullets and 2 Roos. Should produce blue, black, and splash.

Oh I want pics of the eggs and babies! I love these guys I am working on starting my own flock. I have 2 from Eden Camp and I ordered 6 eggs from Poker's Poultry. I will probably "need" more eggs though ya know.

Back
Top Bottom