Silkied Serama

These little birds are so darn cute...I just love them!
love.gif
I do, however, have one complaint...They always have perfect stance...until I get the camera!
barnie.gif
Any ideas...

HELP... My silkied Serama hatched much smaller and his/her feathers are not coming in as quickly as the others. I know their feathers are very different than smooth seramas, but is this normal? The others wings are fully feathered, and I can just now start seeing coloring in his/her wings. It just looks as if the down has changed colors. This is my first silkied Serama.

HELP... My silkied Serama hatched much smaller and his/her feathers are not coming in as quickly as the others. I know their feathers are very different than smooth seramas, but is this normal? The others wings are fully feathered, and I can just now start seeing coloring in his/her wings. It just looks as if the down has changed colors. This is my first silkied Serama.
Congrats on your first silkied serama. Aren't they adorable? My silkied babies are typically very small and it's hard to tell when they start to feather (more of fuzz) out because of the silk feathers. When their primaries come in on their wings they will look super soft and stringy. I see that it's been about two weeks since your post... How's the silkied baby doing?
smile.png

Hi,

I would love some silkied Serama eggs to incubate. However I am looking to start the incubation period toward the end of July. Are your Serama still laying fertilized eggs at that time? And does anyone have eggs near or in northeast PA (zip code 19041)?

Back
Top Bottom