silver collection coturnix

So far there's 5 after day 18. There doesn't look like there's any other pips which concerns me. I'll remain optimistic and hope more to come tomorrow.

Hoping you get more, but all things considered... 5 is a good start! You could be hatching young from these in 12 weeks...a Beautiful thing about Coturnix :)

Just for perspective... My Gouldian Finches take at least 6 months JUST to get adult plumage....and it takes most pairs a year and a half to even be considered reliable breeders! I have a mutation new to the USA... coming up on two years and he's finally raised a chick (singular lol)! Apples and Oranges to some degree... but you get my point. For someone as impatient as myself, I love that much can be accomplished from only a few Coturnix in just one season!

Last edited:
Hoping you get more, but all things considered... 5 is a good start! You could be hatching young from these in 12 weeks...a Beautiful thing about Coturnix :)

Just for perspective... My Gouldian Finches take at least 6 months JUST to get adult plumage....and it takes most pairs a year and a half to even be considered reliable breeders! I have a mutation new to the USA... coming up on two years and he's finally raised a chick (singular lol)! Apples and Oranges to some degree... but you get my point. For someone as impatient as myself, I love that much can be accomplished from only a few Coturnix in just one season!

I agree 5 isn't bad, but 5/60 isn't what I'm hoping for ;)

Well just an update. I've just transitioned them from inside to an outside coop. Here's the pictures.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom