Silver Laced Barnevelder Chicks/Hatching Eggs?

Eissens,
Those are spectacular birds! I wish we had access to such great silvers here in the US. A few of us are working hard each year to catch up!

Beautiful birds, congratulations!
Al

I have been hatching quite a few large fowl silver double laced project chicks this spring so far. Here is a picture of my silver split roo (S/s+) that I am using on my silver and silver blue hens this spring. Boy is about a year old. He is a hair under 7 pounds a bit smaller than my other Barnies. My goal for this season is to get a silver male (S/S) and see if I can get a purer silver.

Andy

Thanks Trisha

I have a wide range in quality of birds to choose from so far. Some pullets have nice lacing and some have thin and weak lacing, some have more red leakage than others. The cockerels are really all over the place in size and pattern. I will post some photos of the boys to show the differences. Some are S/S and some are S/s+. The silver is best (cleanest) on the male shoulder patches where the males have shoulder patches and the most red leakage is on the tails in both males and females.

How is your summer going, Fire season is up and running in Oregon, I suppose your husband will be busy in this droughty summer.

Andy

Thanks Trisha

I have a wide range in quality of birds to choose from so far.  Some pullets have nice lacing and some have thin and weak lacing, some have more red leakage than others.  The cockerels are really all over the place in size and pattern. I will post some photos of the boys to show the differences.  Some are  S/S and some are S/s+.  The silver is best (cleanest) on the male shoulder patches where the males have shoulder patches and the most red leakage is on the tails in both males and females. 

How is your summer going, Fire season is up and running in Oregon, I suppose your husband will be busy in this droughty summer.

Andy

It'll probably take a while longer for you to get rid of the red, but they still look good so far. I'm looking foward to seeing pics of the males. You can PM or email them if you want. I have a bunch of standard barnies I'm growing out. I bought wood today to build a small " batchlor " coop for a few cockerels I want to keep. Not keeping a lot of blues this year, but I have some good ones.

It sure is hot and dry this year. Was 111-112 yesterday. There is a big fire ( 5,000 ish acres and growing) west of us. But, far enough away it's not a danger to us right now. My husband was working on that fire today. I think he made a few trips up your way to Oregon this past week. Lightning is starting up new fires in a lot of areas.

Trisha

Back
Top Bottom