SILVER PIED ??????

Yep
Good to see you here
frow.gif
frow.gif

:)

I think it's ironic that so much attention is paid to Silver Pied birds. We have White peafowl, but they're "too easy". We have non-White peafowl in an assortment of colors, with or without Black Shoulder, but they're also "too easy". Let's aim for a mostly white bird with the faintest of random dusting of some other color. And nevermind that the birds are mostly white, and an IB Silver Pied looks almost the same as a Purple Silver Pied -- let's breed them in every possible body color, even if it takes four generations to do so from scratch.

Meh.....

:-/
Although I joked about us all agreeing, I am not really a huge silver pied fan. I do think some colors look better as silver pied and some color look better as pied. I actually do not like white eyes really at all. I think that the ocelli are the prettiest parts of the train. The best looking birds in my opinion are black shoulder pied and black shoulder pied split white eye.

Your table is correct.  That crossing does not produce any silver pied birds.  It produces birds that are pied white eye and split to silver pied.

thank you for your comments
other photos, charts and questions tomorrow thank you again for your help

I think the Blue Pied is the best combination color and pattern.
You have lots of different colors ... Blue, Green, White, Brown and Black.
Bronze Pied ... 2 colors, Cameo Pied ... 2 colors, Charcoal Pied ... 2 colors ... etc ... etc!

The pattern Silver Pied can give us information on the pattern Black Shoulder!
Why Silver Pied black shoulder are they always so dark?

Last edited:
Male White X female Siver Pied vive me the following Youngs

I Will cross thèse F1
Is it correct

@Jack07 , ces sont les votres? Connaissez-vous les parents du paon blanc?

Ce n'est pas tout a fais simple, parce que si le blanc paon ou paonne devient des silver pied paon, les jeunes paons "blanc" doit avoir au moins un et peut etre deux genes des yeux blancs qui soit modifier, si la theorie que AuguredIn vous a pose a raison. Mais on ne voit pas le WE, parce que le paon ou paonne blanc ne montre que le blanc. Alors, on ne peut pas percevoir lequel gene WE, ou bien si le paon blanc meme a la gene WE par tout simplement regarder le paon blanc.

Alors, faut de savoir ce qui ce passe avec le blanc paon ou paonne pour predire la progeniture
smile.png
Parfois, peut etre on peut le deviner par examiner les jeune de le paon blanc si on ne sait pas bien les parents.

Jack07, are these yours? Do you know the parents of the white peafowl?

It's not totally simple, because if the white peacock or peahen comes from silver pied peafowl, the young "white" peafowl must have at least one, and possibly two modified white eye genes, if the theory that AuguredIn has suggested is correct. But we will not see the white eye, because the peacock or peahen will only show the white. So we cannot tell which WE gene, or even whether any white eye gene is present just by looking at the white pea.

We need to know what is going on with the white peacock or white peahen in order to predict the offspring. Although sometimes we can figure it out by looking at the offspring of the white pea, if we do not know the parents.

@Jack07
, ces sont les votres?  Connaissez-vous les parents du paon blanc?

Ce n'est pas tout a fais simple, parce que si le blanc paon ou paonne devient des silver pied paon, les jeunes paons "blanc" doit avoir au moins un et peut etre deux genes des yeux blancs qui soit modifier, si la theorie que AuguredIn vous a pose a raison.  Mais on ne voit pas le WE, parce que le paon ou paonne blanc ne montre que le blanc.  Alors, on ne peut pas percevoir lequel gene WE, ou bien si le paon blanc meme a la gene WE par tout simplement regarder le paon blanc.

Alors, faut de savoir ce qui ce passe avec le blanc paon ou paonne pour predire la progeniture :)   Parfois, peut etre on peut le deviner par examiner les jeune de le paon blanc si on ne sait pas bien les parents.

Jack07, are these yours?  Do you know the parents of the white peafowl?

It's not totally simple, because if the white peacock or peahen comes from silver pied peafowl, the young "white" peafowl must have at least one, and possibly two modified white eye genes, if the theory that AuguredIn has suggested is correct.  But we will not see the white eye, because the peacock or peahen will only show the white.  So we cannot tell which WE gene, or even whether any white eye gene is present just by looking at the white pea.

We need to know what is going on with the white peacock or white peahen in order to predict the offspring.  Although sometimes we can figure it out by looking at the offspring of the white pea, if we do not know the parents.

Le male blanc adulte (5 ans) est homozygote (W/W) la femelle (4 ans) est une SILVER Pied
Ce croisement m'a donné de nombreux jeunes déjà en 2013 soit des P/W/Wesp soit des W/W/Wesp ! En 2013 j'ai gardé un femelle blanche avec donc un gene Wesp
En 2014 j'ai eu beaucoup de P/W/Wesp dont le couple des photos que je garde pour les accoupler
Ma question est ce que ce couple me donnera des jeunes représentés par le Second Tableau

Je traduit sur le post suivant

Back
Top Bottom