Dany12

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hungary
"Light" Pied or " loud" Pied.

Like this beautiful bird from George Connerhills:

..... or whiter !
A low coloured bird , no more than 20% colored.... no one white eye !

I thing the only way is ... selection !

Here the Australian selection ... and the result : Reverse Pied.
http://upaforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=9042&sid=be5e14027781f63d3411432cd99dcdc6

But there no other way ?
Using a silver pied peacock !

Then reduce the influence of WE gene like here whith this Spalding pied from Legg's Farm:

Here a beautiful ... a little bit expensive !
http://www.thetaxidermystore.com/piebald-white-indian-peacock-taxidermy-mount-for-sale-11882.html

A peahen with a white head ... something very ... very rare !

IB Silver pied X IB pied = ?

Last edited:
I always thought it was funny how a taxidermy peacock is more expensive than buying a live peacock. Heck you could get a green peafowl with that money...

I would like to know how to get pieds like that definitely. All of those birds are just beautiful but I don't want to get into fooling with silver pieds, just pieds for me. That peacock in the last photo is very neat looking. Are there photos of him displaying?

Is breeding for a lot of white on a pied bird a difficult thing to breed for? I think I once read about someone saying they never kept many pied peafowl for breeding because they could get beautiful pieds just from breeding dark pieds to whites and they would get very beautiful pieds. I wonder if that is better than breeding pied to pied as far as the white markings go?

If at the beginning "normal" pied peacocks are used .... "normal" pied peacocks are obtained.
Only chance may one day produce a clearer bird ... with more white feathers.

How to cause the chance?

We need a new drawing with silverpied peacocks !
IB silverpied X IB pied =
Chicks are :
White birds ( WW and WWe).
Pied ( WP ).
Dark Pied ( PP ).
and Pied with some White eyes ( PWe ).

Silver pied are often more pied than other pied .... silver pied are more white in color than other " normal " pied.

And it's not a "frosted" effect that gives the whole white look.
This " special PIED " is not usable in a cross?

Peafowl are capable of such beautiful colors. I don't understand how some consider them "more beautiful" when much of that color is "erased" to white, leaving little patches of color behind. To each his own.

:)

Peafowl are capable of such beautiful colors. I don't understand how some consider them "more beautiful" when much of that color is "erased" to white, leaving little patches of color behind. To each his own.

:)
Mainly what I love about the pieds is how each bird is easier to identify because each of them have different markings, although some do have almost the same markings. I don't like most silver pied birds because they have too much white. I like a good balance of white and color. The pied peacock I had I really liked because of his one white eye feather in the middle of his train. He was very unique looking to me and he was such a good boy too.

This Pied peacock is too dark ... too basic !
I like the fool options with broken colors but only Blue and White.

But not only with peacocks !

Back
Top Bottom