How to create the " light " Pied ?

There is something really special about a loud pied! I've always had an obsession with this mutation! Below are 2 of my boys, the first male has incredible white on his front, but lacking white elsewhere, the other male has great amount of white in his train but too much colour on his front, so hoping to breed the perfect combo some day.

Mainly what I love about the pieds is how each bird is easier to identify because each of them have different markings, although some do have almost the same markings. I don't like most silver pied birds because they have too much white. I like a good balance of white and color. The pied peacock I had I really liked because of his one white eye feather in the middle of his train. He was very unique looking to me and he was such a good boy too.

Wow that is very unique! So he grows the one white feather every season?

All I can say is two years in a row he grew that same white feather in the center, but after he shed his four year old train one night a raccoon killed him. He was my favorite bird and that was the first predator issue I ever had. My new favorite bird is Peep, who happens to be this bird's son.

"Light" Pied or " loud" Pied.

Like this beautiful bird from George Connerhills:

..... or whiter !
A low coloured bird , no more than 20% colored.... no one white eye !

I thing the only way is ... selection !

Here the Australian selection ... and the result : Reverse Pied.
http://upaforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=9042&sid=be5e14027781f63d3411432cd99dcdc6

But there no other way ?
Using a silver pied peacock !

Then reduce the influence of WE gene like here whith this Spalding pied from Legg's Farm:

Here a beautiful ... a little bit expensive !
http://www.thetaxidermystore.com/piebald-white-indian-peacock-taxidermy-mount-for-sale-11882.html

A peahen with a white head ... something very ... very rare !

IB Silver pied X IB pied = ?

those are some gorgeous birds, I just saw the male ( 2nd photo from the top ) on ebay....is that George selling on there ?
Hope I'm leaving this link allright...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-White-Ind...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

O K .. actually I sold that bird to the lady in Fla. . She wanted him to breed from with her silver pied. No problem here.. If you look at him for a while and not just look at the colors, note the stand of his legs and how they are wide apart and his confirmation is good to make a good breeder. He did produce some very nice Pied Spalding's with a fair amount of green color showing up as he was not from a high percentage green bird to start with. connerhills

that's good to know she did not borrow your photos and he is a gorgeous bird.
I never realized the width between the legs was a sign of how good of a breeder a male would be, thanks for the info.

He always was a good breeder.. The confirmation of him is my idea and there will be people question that I guess. It is like other things that are raised be it, cattle, horses, dogs ,sheep. The stance it has, the balance, proportions being equal , temperament . I thank all of peafowl people for their awareness of the photos being used. I guess when she bought the bird the photo went with it, so it is OK by me. connerhills What's going on down there ?

Bronze male , produces W E chicks in with split S P and Bronze hens

Violete females \

Violete male 2 yr old B S Pied and B S Violete female

Same as above

Blue out looking for something to eat

Flowers in the bottom Thanks Connerhills

Back
Top Bottom